Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectI know you're joking but I think you're neglecting the potential for a happy medium.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=656198&mesg_id=658955
658955, I know you're joking but I think you're neglecting the potential for a happy medium.
Posted by Cold Truth, Sat Aug-24-13 01:05 PM
>marvel does it just enough to where it doesn't feel forced.

IMO they should do more. IM3 would have fucking ROCKED if it would have been Bruce/Tony Hulk/IM buddy film.

>you do it anymore then either they all become justice league
>movies or there will be scenes that are literally just "Hey
>look, it's Aquaman." *Aquaman waves, then leaves*

Nah. IMO you can have appearances where a character or two serve specific functions. The fact that this is a living universe means Batman can call up Superman or GL when he's in a bind and just needs something specific done, air support or some shit.

It's still a Batman movie, but if we know these other cats are out there, even minor appearances go a long way toward creating a universe that's intertwined and not simply connected. Marvel has connected the dots, but really hasn't intertwined them to a great degree.

IMO it's a great opportunity to do it in a way that's decidedly different from Marvel.

The only problem I see is that DC screwed the pooch with GL, and even that made little to effort at building a new universe. They're extremely late to the party and should have "universe" party. Since The Dark Knight and Iron Man, we've had 6 other Marvel movies that all worked to build the Marvel U, whereas DC has released a standalone GL that didn't really try to tie anything together, a Batman movie that is not in the current DCU, and a Tepidly received Superman to kick off the new U.

Superman is essentially Iron Man 1. By the time we get to BVS, we'll have had a grand total of 11 Marvel U movies, counting Avengers 2, the Shield series, and later that year Phase 3 kicks off with Ant-Man.