Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectContext absolutely matters when you're responding to someones statement
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=656198&mesg_id=658901
658901, Context absolutely matters when you're responding to someones statement
Posted by Cold Truth, Fri Aug-23-13 03:25 PM
>Not sure when I said I was speaking for everyone or why I need
>to take into account the over-the-top Anti-Afflect people in
>my reply?

NO. That's not at all what I'm saying. You need to take into context who *EYE* was speaking to and *why* I said what I said.

>Context doesn't matter in this case. If I agreed
>with your points, I'd agree. I don't. And saying, "Well, other
>people are overreacting" doesn't improve them.

No, you're just not getting it. I made my comments within a particular context, and you addressed those comments completely OUTSIDE of that context, implying an entirely different connotation to my statement- which you're still doing. My points don't need improvement, you
just suck at reading/responding to things in their proper context.

I said what I said in regard to those who think that way, but you took it as me somehow trying to spin that into a positive. That's you responding to my words out of their context.

>I don't think that his latest performances make him any better
>of a fit for the role of Batman.

Shrug.

>I doubt that Goyer and
>Snyder, who already vetoed Christopher Nolan on Superman
>killing Zod, are going to just tell Affleck, "Sure buddy, you
>tell us where we're going wrong."

That's not a gross over simplification or anything. See how you keep running to these bullshit extremes? They're not bringing a guy like Affleck who has been in director/writer/producer mode for his last few films and expect that he's just going to take orders. No, he's a WB GUY!!!!! He's there to contribute more than a face and a name who takes orders from Snyder.

Oh, I know, you'll turn that into some smarmy assed "sure, buddy, you tell us what we're doing wrong" retort. While you're trying to be snarky and cute, you know good and well I'm not getting at that extreme. He is definitely going to add some creative muscle to the team. He's not

>I'm not saying Affleck can't do it; I'm just saying nothing
>I've seen from him gives me confidence, especially when Snyder
>is the one directing the project.

Really? You're not saying he can't do it? Nah, you're mind is already made up. You haven't so much as taken a "wait and see" approach.