Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectLOL you can't be serious.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=656198&mesg_id=658893
658893, LOL you can't be serious.
Posted by Cold Truth, Fri Aug-23-13 01:09 PM
>And I wouldn't say Affleck excels in gritty thrillers. He
>wasn't in Gone Baby Gone and he's not directing this film so
>that's moot.

Moot how? So his wealth of experience means shit all of a sudden? Oh, he didn't act in the movie he wrote a great screenplay for so that experience is moot and he has nothing from that well to contribute somehow? He isn't directing or writing, so he'll have no creative input? I have a bridge for you if you think that's the case. Saying that resume moot is basically saying you just don't like the guy.

None of the other characters you mentioned really
>compare to Batman.

Oh, like all the Batman-esque characters played by Keaton and Bale?

Mr Mom sure laid the blueprint for Bruce Wayne!
When I think Beetlejuice, I think "that's the guy I want to don the cape and cowl".

Are Trevor Reznick and Patrick Bateman thought of Batman prototypes just because they're "dark"? Oh, I get it; Bateman IS awful close to Batman now that I think of it.

All of a sudden, Batman is an incredibly complex and nuanced role only a virtuoso could pull it off and even THEN, boy is that still a tough task!

All of a sudden Ben Affleck can't act for shit and has no remotely relevant experience that lends itself toward such a role. Might as well have cast Ahnold as Batman, right?

>I mean, yeah, it's not going to be Batman and Robin or
>Daredevil but saying it's not going to be one of the worst
>superhero movies ever made isn't exactly a ringing
>endorsement.

Telling people who are overreacting as though this is a horrendous choice that the movie won't be horrendous isn't done to endorse the film. A little context goes a long way, and this part of your response pretty much pretends that people here and elsewhere aren't acting like they cast Pauly Shore as Batman or some shit. If you weren't, you'd arrive at the logical conclusion that I'm simply addressing those things and not trying to use the notion that it won't be the worst thing ever as some sort of positive endorsement.