Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectMy new audiobook crack is 'My Infamous Life' Prodigy's autobio read by P
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=655758&mesg_id=656411
656411, My new audiobook crack is 'My Infamous Life' Prodigy's autobio read by P
Posted by Bombastic, Mon Jul-22-13 06:08 PM
it's worth it just to hear P reading these stories in his hard-ass monotone but then also some of the fun facts/stories:

-P's mom being a member of The Crystals (Da Doo Ron Run, And Then He Kissed Me)
-His father having him in the car with the engine running while he robbed a jewelry store
-Prodigy's struggles with bed-wetting at an early age
-P turning down a starring role on Broadway as a child that ended up going to Alfonso Riberio
-Emmanual Lewis coming over to his grandmom's house with his younger/normal-sized brother then showing off his breakdancing skills until P & his friend start pestering him about being Michael Jackson's boytoy
-Havoc accidentally shooting a Def Jam intern in their offices while waiting in the lounge for their meeting with Lyor Cohen then all of them running out of the office with their crew knocking over Run-DMC on the way out the stairs by the exit.

And that's just up to about age 14 so far that I've gotten.

Not to mention the comedic value in hearing Prodigy's literary turns of phrase like 'as we scampered by' or hearing Prodigy actually do other people's voices whenever quoting other people in the book.

His cop voice is worth the price of admission alone.

I've been dying off this shit for a minute, I'm not even halfway thru it but it's a winner.