Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectThey needed the merger, and they were vulnerable...but she
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=655347&mesg_id=656822
656822, They needed the merger, and they were vulnerable...but she
Posted by Ink_Spot, Sat Jul-27-13 09:56 AM
shunned every idea and move Harvey made, even though his 'wins' kept them afloat to do the merger. Plus, do not forget that the merger was done and proposed behind Harvey's back (it is her firm, and her right to do as she chooses). She did not want Harvey's name on the door. There was another way the Darby merger would have gone down, where Harvey and Scottie could have gotten their names on the door (Harvey hated that). Harvey just wanted to use the Darby money and win cases and accumulate victories till he and Jessica could get a partner that allowed his name and hers on the door.

I think his biggest issue with the Darby merger is that as proposed, they do not have control, and it pushes him further down the pecking order. Darby has controlling interest, and Jessica on her part wanted to prove to Harvey that he is a pup, and not worth getting his name on the door yet. Plus she reveled in 'teaching him a lesson'.

Since then, she has had every opportunity to apologize for that fact, but she says everything...but that. Plus, she says she wants to get them back to where they 'were'. Where they were, is a place where Harvey is her pitbull, he gets unleashed to go get her 'wins'. But will have no real power in decisions made. Harvey thinks he has earned a seat at the table, and Jessica wants him under her thumb, where she is comfortable. I see both points, and she does this because of her experience with Hardman.

You see the same dynamic with Mike, who had a chance to pair with Louis, who would have treated him as more of an equal. Louis I think would have been perfect with him. But Mike chose to go play puppy again with Harvey and seek his approval (due to a case of loyalty). Harvey will never give Mike the full respect and power he deserves in the future, because he will always be his boy.