Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectSuits Season 3 (Game of Suits)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=655347
655347, Suits Season 3 (Game of Suits)
Posted by nipsey, Tue Jul-09-13 11:21 PM
Conleth Hill and Michelle Fairley this season.

I can't wait for this show to come back. I really enjoyed all the stuff with Hardman. There was a lull in the middle of the season, but the season ended on a strong note IMO.

655348, Like a Lannister, Louis always pays his debts (VIDEO PREVIEW)
Posted by nipsey, Tue Jul-09-13 11:22 PM
http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/07/08/game-of-suits-michelle-fairley-thrones/
655349, Can Mike Win Back Harvey's Trust? (SWIPE)
Posted by nipsey, Tue Jul-09-13 11:25 PM
http://www.thesuburbanite.com/tvguide/x1293262711/Suits-Uncovered-Can-Mike-Win-Back-Harveys-Trust#axzz2Yc3ydo3X

Suits Uncovered: Can Mike Win Back Harvey's Trust?
Posted Jul 09, 2013 @ 03:00 AM
Last update Jul 09, 2013 @ 12:18 PM

All around the sprawling bullpen of one of Manhattan's ritziest law firms, first-year associates and ambitious clerks hurriedly deliver files, messages and coffee to their bosses. Meanwhile, a conversation in a swank corner office escalates into a moment every high-powered attorney dreams of: an overt threat to torpedo a shady colleague's career, followed by a dramatic exit.

At least it would be dramatic, if the guy leveling the threat could remember his intensely worded diatribe.

"Thank God we have editors on this show," says Suits star Gabriel Macht with a smile as dashing as his navy Tom Ford suit. Stepping out of the way to let the crew reset the scene, Macht drops his steely Harvey Specter stance and begins shooting the breeze with coexecutive producer Anton Cropper, who is also directing the episode. A few feet away, costars Patrick J. Adams (Mike Ross) and Meghan Markle (Rachel Zane) joke about her upcoming trip to Paris with fellow cast member Rick Hoffman (Louis Litt) for a mutual friend's wedding. "I am so getting a hat for this thing," Markle says with a laugh. "I need a fascinator!"

Three seasons in and the castmates still hang out on the Toronto set for playful chatter instead of running back to their dressing rooms? That can be a rarity on many TV shows, particularly hits (Suits is USA's top-rated drama in all demographics, routinely drawing 3 million-plus viewers a week). But this has never been your average legal series. Cases rarely make it to a courtroom, no one delivers The Practice-level impassioned closing arguments, and comedy is as much a part of the show's DNA as are backroom deals. "I think we're able to pull it off because of the cast," says executive producer Aaron Korsh. "They're skilled at so many things and really nailing the right tone."

When we last saw the Pearson Hardman crew, in February's Season 2 finale, there wasn't much to grin about. After ousting sleazy cofounder Daniel Hardman (guest star David Costabile), cutthroat counselor Jessica Pearson (Gina Torres) authorized a merger with a British law firm, infuriating hotshot senior partner Harvey, who was dealt the added insult of his own associate (Adams's Mike) assisting in the deal. Of course, Mike had to do it. Otherwise, Jessica would have revealed that the puppy-eyed genius was a fraud without a real law degree, a fact he was forced to tell his crush, comely paralegal Rachel. And since this is TV, the two promptly had hate sex in the firm's file room. The show is soapy, steamy and sophisticated, and what's in store for Season 3 sounds juicier than the law should allow.

"They all have to deal with the fallout of their actions in our first episode back and beyond," Korsh says. That means, in nonspoiler terms, that Harvey needs to get out of his contract or usurp longtime ally Jessica, Mike has to regain Harvey's trust, and Rachel must make peace with her beau's betrayal. Everyone must also watch their backs, considering the invasion of their conniving U.K. colleagues, including new managing partner Edward Darby (Game of Thrones' Conleth Hill), as well as a bribery case involving an oil company honcho (Hill's Thrones costar Michelle Fairley) that gets messier than a wedding in Westeros.

Will all these interlopers push Harvey and Co. to the back of the boardroom? "We have a lot of interplay with the British characters," Korsh says. "But our core players are very much front and center. There will be at least one huge revelation about one of them in the first half of the season."

Suits premieres Tuesday, July 16 at 10/9c on USA.

655449, Another Season 3 Vide Preview (VIDEO)
Posted by nipsey, Wed Jul-10-13 08:03 PM
Looks like it's gonna be Harvey vs....well...everybody.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9yeblTeRuw
655457, all in....one of my most fun times watching TV...
Posted by Ink_Spot, Wed Jul-10-13 10:34 PM
655637, USA’s ‘Suits’ Gets Down and Flirty with Tinder App (SWIPE)
Posted by nipsey, Sat Jul-13-13 10:38 AM

http://variety.com/2013/digital/news/usas-suits-gets-down-and-flirty-with-tinder-app-1200562019/

Cabler aims to drive tune-in through promo on startup’s part-game, part-hookup app

Todd Spangler
Digital Editor, New York

USA Network is the first TV network to hook up with social startup Tinder, whose app lets users anonymously connect to members of the opposite sex with mutual interests, in a youth-targeted promo for season 3 premiere of scripted drama “Suits.”

Tinder, whose lead investor is IAC, launched the app in September 2012 and claims users have made more than 100 million matches to date. The app — part game, part casual-dating service — shows a series of photos, first names and ages of other Tinder users nearby. You then either “heart” or ixnay them, and if two users “like” each other they’re then able to chat.

USA’s promo on Tinder is intended to drive tune-in for the July 16 season premiere of “Suits,” particularly among younger auds for whom the app has become explosively popular. Tinder has not disclosed number of active users or downloads (even to USA) but says the app facilitates more than 1.5 million new introductions daily with more than 50% of users logging on multiple times daily.

“The most important thing is that we’re exposing the show to people who aren’t aware of it,” said Alexandra Shapiro, USA’s exec veep of marketing and digital. Viewers 18-34 — particularly men — are “an incredibly hard audience to reach.”

Starting Saturday, when Tinder users log in they’ll find their first potential match either “Suits” law partner Harvey Specter (Gabriel Macht) or paralegal Rachel Zane (Meghan Markle, pictured above), depending on their preference settings for hooking up with men or women. If a user “likes” the character’s profile, they’ll have access to exclusive content from the show with sneak peeks, audio greetings and video clips available only to those on Tinder.

In return, USA will promote the app on-air through snipes and across social media channels. No money is changing hands through the partnership.

It’s possible USA risks a certain “ugh” factor among those leery about Tinder’s casual-hookup implications. But execs pointed out that if you’re not on Tinder, you won’t even know about the promo.

Tinder, for its part, says it is not a “hookup app” but is for making friends and networking. “The overall vision for Tinder is social discovery in general, not just dating,” a rep said.

USA’s pact with Tinder complements other ways cabler is trying to push “Suits” to skein’s “socially rabid fan base,” Shapiro said. NBCUniversal-owned cabler has bought promoted tweets on Twitter, as well as ads on Facebook, ESPN.com and other youth-skewing sites as part of larger marketing campaign.

As for whether Tinder really will boost viewing numbers, Shapiro said USA will look for shifts in 18-49 audience composition. “There’s no downside to this partnership… it’s relatively little effort,” she said.

After Shapiro discovered many of the network’s younger employees are active Tinder users, USA reached out to the West Hollywood-based startup about a partnership. Turns out “Suits” is one of Tinder topper Sean Rad and co-founder Justin Mateen’s favorite shows and they agreed to the marketing stunt on the spot: so, love at first sight, then.

655893, Harvey/Mike Tension Highlights Season 3 (SWIPE)
Posted by nipsey, Mon Jul-15-13 05:48 PM
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/suits-season-3-preview-mike-583210

'Suits' Boss Previews Mike/Harvey Tension, Merger Aftermath and Season 3 Secrets
9:00 AM PDT 7/11/2013 by Philiana Ng

"We strengthen bonds that had been broken and we weaken bonds that had been strengthened," creator/executive producer Aaron Korsh tells THR of the upcoming 16 episodes.

As USA Network’s returning legal drama kicks off its third season July 16, the recovering Pearson Hardman led by Jessica (Gina Torres) has agreed to merge with a British law firm headed by Darby (Game of Thrones’ Conleth Hill), leaving hotshot lawyer Harvey (Gabriel Macht) at a crossroads. After losing his right-hand man in Mike (Patrick J. Adams), who outs his fraud status to Rachel (Meghan Markle), Harvey is forced to wade through uncharted waters as Darby and his British counterparts keep a watchful eye.
With two seasons under its belt, it’s only natural that Suits heads into more complex territory, with the risks becoming greater and the stakes higher than ever.

"We explore some more darkness this year," creator/executive producer Aaron Korsh tells The Hollywood Reporter of the new season. “Going into the premiere, we had to deal with the fallout. There is a rift between Mike and Harvey; a rift between Jessica and Harvey; a big bombshell between Mike and Rachel; and Harvey’s about Scottie (Abigail Spencer). The best option was to tackle them head-on and pick up in the aftermath of where we left off.”

Korsh previews the third season with THR, addressing repercussions of the merger, Mike and Harvey’s power struggle, the aftermath of Rachel’s discovery of Mike’s secrets and the problematic introduction of “British Harvey.”

The Hollywood Reporter: First things first, will the can opener be making an appearance at any point during the season?

Aaron Korsh: I don’t know if the can opener will be, but we certainly mention a ritual. I think we see a can opener ... I think we do.
THR: Now that the characters are fully formed and the world has been well established at this point, is there more freedom to get into darker territory and explore more serious storylines?

Korsh: That’s an interesting way of looking at it. Whenever you get to know characters better, it’s always easier to take them further because at first, you’re establishing who they are. Once you establish who they are, you can add dimension to them, show how they’re different from who you thought they were or change and grow them. Season three allows us to do that. We strengthen bonds that had been broken, and we weaken bonds that had been strengthened.

THR: The show now has a strong British component. Was it important for you to bring over an international element?

Korsh: First of all, I speak only with a British accent all year. Not true. Nobody wants that. The writers came up with the idea in the room to bring Scottie back, and since we had established in season one that Scottie was working in a British law firm over there, merging with a British company came out of bringing Scottie back. Had we said that she was working in a different country’s law firm or a Texas law firm, it would have been a Texas merger.

THR: Will there be obvious differences or ways of tackling certain cases that might affect the newly-merged firm?

Korsh: When we were talking about it, there was talk of how the culture of the British firm would affect the culture of our firm. There is some of that in there, but we don’t speak to it. If you just look at it as a merger with any other company, what are the conflicts that are going to arise between Edward Darby and Jessica and Harvey; Nigel and Louis; and Steven Huntley, a character that’s going to be introduced later.

THR: Now that Darby’s at the firm, is there a possibility of Harvey aligning with him?

Korsh: Harvey lost to Jessica and he's pissed. He may think that she didn’t fight fairly, but she probably thinks he didn’t and they argue about that in episode two. There’s a scene where they talk about that. Harvey is trying to figure out how to exist in the new regime, and he’s going to latch onto whoever he can, as best he can. As we open up the season, Harvey's decided to accept it, move on and go back to being Harvey and kicking ass. Jessica's lack of belief in his acceptance is the final straw and causes him to maybe shift slight allegiance to Darby — but I think it’s more a shifting in allegiance toward himself.

THR: I feel like Harvey more decisions to make this season in terms of his future at the firm and in life. Is that a fair assessment?

Korsh: The question of what Harvey wants comes up a lot in the writers’ room. The answer that I came up with is: Harvey wants to win and it doesn’t matter what he’s competing over. He wants to beat the person that beat him and that’s what drives Harvey. This year, he picks another fight and maybe, once things start to either go his way or not go his way, he possibly for the first time ever questions, is this actually what I want to be doing? And do I find myself in a situation where I don’t want to be in? And I think that happens this year for him, so in that respect, he has more decisions to make.

THR: Is there a possibility that he could be pushed out?

Korsh: Any time you’re picking a fight with the managing partner of the firm, anything can happen, but at their core, these characters want to find a way to stay together. I view this firm as a family, and you can get into a screaming match with your family like with no one else. Those bonds are tested at times.

THR: Mike and Harvey aren't on the same page, but how long before they get back into each other’s good graces?

Korsh: Patrick and I talked a lot during the filming of the premiere and he made a choice; instead of begging Harvey to forgive him like he sometimes has in the past, he’s just going to say, "Harvey, this is the situation and it’s time for you to accept it." Be more grown up about it. Jessica is a parental figure to Harvey, Harvey is a parental figure to Mike and they’re having a clash and they need to work it out.

THR: What are the repercussions of Mike and Rachel's relationship now that Mike's secret is out?

Korsh: He told her a secret and there have been some questions from some fans on Twitter, like, “He didn’t really tell her everything, so does she really know everything?” We didn’t play games with that: He told her everything; it was a shorthand, but he told her. I will say this, no one overheard in that file room. There’s no one secretly there. He is pretending to be legitimate at the thing that she is trying — and unable, thus far — to be. It’s not that different than one member of a relationship telling the other they’ve had an affair because it’s a betrayal. In the moment, you might be able to forgive them, but the other person is going to keep thinking about that, so it might take some time.

THR: What obstacles do Louis (Rick Hoffman) and Donna (Sarah Rafferty) face this year?
Korsh: Both of them are affected by this merger. Louis has a major thing happen to him at the end of the premiere that is a result of the actions he took in the finale. Louis is dealing with a lot of his past behaviors coming back to roost a little bit. At the same time, he’s got a lot of fun stuff moving forward so he continues to be, in my opinion, both a lot of comedy and a lot of heartfelt drama.

Donna is affected by the merger in that Harvey takes on a big case, makes a deal with Darby at the end of the premiere and she is burdened with the knowledge. This season, “British Harvey” (Max Beesley) comes to town and he and Donna are going to have some interactions that affect her, the firm, her relationship with Harvey and lead us to a flashback episode, in which we shed light on what happened "the other time."

THR: What does British Harvey’s emergence in Pearson Hardman mean for everyone at the firm?

Korsh: Steven Huntley is brought in on a matter and arrives, but also happens to be — when I say he’s British Harvey, I don’t mean he’s exactly the same as Harvey. But he is kind of Darby’s fixer. And he ends up showing up and he and Harvey have conflict and then they bond and he has some interactions with Donna, and they might have some flirtation, which might lead to some feelings on Harvey’s behalf. In addition, he may or may not stick his nose into Harvey’s case, which has complications. Jessica also wonders what this guy is really up to, so there’s just a lot. He really allows for a lot of shifting dynamics within the firm.

THR: You mentioned a flashback episode. What other fun things should we expect this season?

Korsh: There is an episode where Louis courts Mike, there is another mock trial. We have a lot of returning stars that we love: Gary Cole; Conleth Hill; Wendell Pierce, who plays Rachel’s father. We do meet Rachel’s family ; Mike and Rachel have dinner with her family. We also have some fun Katrina (Amanda Schull) stuff. We shed a different light on Katrina and get to know her a little bit more. Jessica is dealing with the decision to pull out all the stops to beat Harvey, which has its ramifications for her as much as anybody else. Rachel and Donna have some great interactions. We got away from that last year and they have some awesome scenes. (Game of Thrones' Michelle Fairley also appears throughout the season.)

THR: Have you written the summer finale yet?
Korsh: We are about to start; just finished doing the outline. We're close to finishing editing on the first five . You never know how fans are going to react but I’m very pleased with the . There is one major thing that happens that I believe some fans are not going to love.

THR: Are you expecting some outcry when that development hits?

Korsh: It did not occur to me until I watched it and I was like, "Oh my god," because I don’t have a vested interest in together. I thought, "Oh man, what are people going to say?" But what can you do?
Suits premieres July 16 at 10 p.m. on USA Network.

E-mail: Philiana.Ng@THR.com
Twitter: @insidethetube
655995, Is Harvey really a winner (SPOILERS)
Posted by nipsey, Tue Jul-16-13 06:22 PM

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/07/16/suits-season-premiere-gabriel-macht-patrick-j-adams/

'Suits' stars banter about new season (and whether Harvey's really a winner)
by Mandi Bierly on Jul 16, 2013 at 2:07PM

There’s a lot to look forward to in the third season of USA’s Suits, which premieres tonight at 10 p.m. ET. After the merger with the British law firm headed by Edward Darby (Conleth Hill), Harvey (Gabriel Macht) still feels betrayed by both boss Jessica (Gina Torres) and associate Mike (Patrick J. Adams). That has him conspiring against Jessica and freezing out Mike — who’s also getting the cold shoulder from paralegal Rachel (Meghan Markle), who’s dealing with Mike’s foreplay admission that he’s neither a Harvard Law alum nor a real lawyer.

The July 30 episode will introduce ”British Harvey,” Stephen Huntley (Max Beesley), who’ll try to work his magic on Harvey’s assistant, Donna (Sarah Rafferty), which could ruffle Harvey’s feathers to tease Harvey-Donna shippers. And the Aug. 20 episode will flashback 10 years to when Harvey and Donna were working in the DA’s office and Mike initially derailed in college. Earlier this summer, when EW sat down with Macht and Adams for our annual Must List issue, they chatted about those story lines and more. Spoiler alert!
ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: Mike and Harvey start the season at a place we’ve never seen them before.

Patrick J. Adams: For Harvey, loyalty is everything, and Mike’s broken that, but there’s a reason he broke it — he thought he was doing the right thing. So we find ourselves in a really difficult position where Mike obviously wants to get back in the good graces of Harvey, but he can’t. There’s no right way to apologize to have Harvey take Mike back, which leads to, from my point of view, some of Mike’s biggest maturing yet. He knows he’s got to man-up about it, and I think that’s part of the process of these two coming back together — Harvey really seeing that Mike has grown up a little bit more. He realizes that Mike’s not the puppy. Though he’s still the puppy compared to the bulldog.

Gabriel Macht: But this is all after Louis has asked for Mike’s hand. There’s a great courtship episode. I mean it’s fully, like, “Can I please take your son’s hand?” Louis needs an associate, and Harvey says, “Take him. I don’t need him. I’m done with him.”
So we won’t have to wait all season to see Mike and Harvey together again, right?

Adams: For Harvey and Mike, it’s not a long-term breakup. They can’t be away from each other for that long.

Macht: They love each other too much. Well, Mike loves Harvey too much.

Adams: And Harvey loves himself too much.

Macht: Yes. Can’t leave that one out.
Adams: After going through what they go through, you find a much stronger bond between these two guys. The trust, it’s like a bone. After you break it, it gets stronger in the healing.

Macht: I think what’s also interesting is that Harvey and Jessica are also at massive odds. There’s a great deal that’s been made — that I won’t spoil — between Harvey and Darby, and when Harvey feels like it’s time to really be on the same page as Mike, he lets him in on the plan. So, there’s that power struggle. It’s not, “Let’s take the firm away from Hardman,” but it’s as big.

Adams: It’s fun to watch a lot of this stuff, because it’s a version of Harvey that’s really jilted. You feel really double-crossed by everybody. There’s a lot of negative energy there for Jessica. It’s like gunpowder, it just can kinda blow at any moment.
In a similar way, I felt like we saw a different side to Harvey in that finale scene with Louis — fear. For the first time, he looked worried he would lose.

Macht: Harvey talks a huge game about winning all the time. But if you look at most of the episodes, he’s losing constantly.

Adams: I heard you say this the other day. Where? Where is he losing?

Macht: He’s losing along the way.
Adams: WHERE? Maybe personally. For me, Harvey is the guy who’s always losing in the emotional realm because he sacrifices it to always win professionally. You’re not losing cases.

Macht: Where have we won? We won by kicking Hardman out.

Adams: You win every case.

Macht: Not every single case.

Adams: So far, you do.

Macht: Really?

Adams: I think so. You’re the best closer in New York City.

Macht: That’s what they said in the pilot. I forgot. I’m Harvey. I’m the best closer.
Adams: I think the only time you’ve lost is when you lost to actually win at the end of last season. Remember that whole argument about, “It’s not really a win, it’s a loss.” “Yeah, but you lost that to win the bigger battle.” Do you watch the show? Have you read the scripts?

Macht: I don’t read the scripts. I just read my lines. Everybody else is, “Bulls—, bulls—, bulls—, bulls—.” I feel like maybe it’s just moment-to-moment that I’m losing. I don’t feel like I’m winning. You know those scenes where the camera pushes in at the end, I always feel like I’m losing in every one of those! That’s what I’m talking about.

Adams: I get that. You’re losing moments along the way. You always win the case, but on our show, that doesn’t really matter, because the case is not the thing, right? You have no idea how often this happens on the set. Cameras will turn on, and we’re supposed to be the most confident guys in the world, but we’re always like, “What’s happening? We have to defend her because…” We’re figuring it out every step of the way.

Macht: “Are you sure they know what they’re writing? What are we saying?” “We just have to trust the writers.”
Let’s talk about that finale sex scene between Mike and Rachel. When I first saw it on a screener, I assumed some of it would have to be trimmed. Were you surprised how much of it made it to air, Patrick?

Adams: Each stage of that scene was written and rewritten and rewritten. It took us so long to shoot because we really wanted to get it right. Then we got to the end, and we were like, “God, we shot so much, there’s no way it’s all getting in there.” said that he loved it, but that it would never be able to all make it in there. Then he said he found a way to get most of it in there — one shot in particular, which still keeps my mother up at night.

Macht: How much did you really get in there?

Adams: A lot got in there… Damn it.

Macht: Just the tip of the iceberg, Patrick.

Adams: The sex part of it, that’s the part that people are gonna talk about. We knew that. But what I loved about that scene was what came right before it. It wasn’t just another moment where Rachel and Mike were alone, and passion rises, and this time it just goes too far. This is the ultimate moment of somebody trusting somebody with something that has been tearing them apart. For me, that was the passion. That was the spark. And then the fact that the slap happened right after it, and that that could become something else — I thought it did a really good job of dealing with what that passion can be in any one of its forms, and what a release it is… sorry to use that word.
Gabriel’s sleepy. He didn’t catch that one.

Adams: What a release it is, Gabriel, to be able to be honest about something that he’s been holding on to for two seasons. So for us, we were worried about the sex scene and getting it right. We wanted to make sure it was satisfying. It’s almost like I’m doing it on purpose. But satisfying to the people who’ve been waiting to see Mike and Rachel take it to the next level. We knew that to get that right, we had to get the first part of the scene right. So we spent a lot of time making sure we hit all the emotional steps along the way.

Now that Mike and Rachel have a shot at being a couple, let’s talk about Harvey and Donna. The show is so good at simultaneously shooting down the idea of them getting together and teasing what might have (almost?) happened with them in the past. Will we get more of that this season?

Macht: I’ll tell you what happens. You want me to tell you what happens?

Adams: Don’t do that.
Patrick, don’t you need to go get something… over there?

Macht: Get me a bagel, will you?

Adams: I’ll eat the last piece of carrot cake and shut my mouth.

Macht: No. I’ll tell you this: In the flashback episode, there’s an origin story about Harvey and Cameron Dennis, who is the DA played by Gary Cole. It’s how Harvey found that there was evidence that was buried, and how Donna was his secretary at the time. We know Harvey doesn’t want to sleep with anybody he works with — we learn where that comes from, who inspired that. There’s also “British Harvey” coming into our world. I don’t want to give too much away…

Adams: He looked at me. You told me to leave.

Macht: There’s a potential relationship going on between Stephen Huntley and Donna.

Adams: As you can imagine, Harvey Specter with a British accent — it’s kind of a pantydropper. Imagine if he had a British accent. Over. That’s the only thing he’s missing.

Macht: There’s a bit of a weird sort of triangle, maybe. I don’t want to give it away. It’s too good.

What does that flashback episode reveal about Mike, Patrick?
Adams: You’re gonna see that initial flying off of the tracks and where everything goes wrong. It’s a much younger, Mike. We flashed back five years last season, and Mike was the biggest stoner. Some people would expect we’d go further in that direction. I think we’ll surprise people a little bit and definitely reveal a key piece of information about what was going on with him in college that has not yet been talked about.

Macht: So are you 20-years-old or are you 15-years-old in the flashback?
Adams: Let’s not talk about that. The funny part of the story is that no one’s ever said what my age is on the show. But I’d been told what they sorta thought my age was, and I was operating under the assumption that this was my age this whole time. And then this year with the flashback, they’re like, “We’re gonna flashback 10 years and you’re still in college.” They told me I was 25 in the first season. “So I’m 15 in the 10-year flashback?” They all look at me and go, “I guess you were 28 when the show started.” I’m like, “You didn’t tell me I was 28! You watch that first season, and if Mike’s 28, that’s a dumb 28-year-old.” So it’s a young Mike, and an old friend of Mike’s returns yet again to disturb –
Ugh. Trevor ?

Macht: Baaaack!

Adams: “Godd— it, I’m done with this interview!”

Macht: He’s great. I love him.
Adams: He’s so much fun to have on the show. He’s a good foil for me. You’ll also learn a little bit about why Mike sticks by this guy so hard. And I think that’s an important piece of information for people to know. I get why people are so frustrated by this friend that just gets him in so much trouble. But when there’s a bond that’s formed when people are really, really, really young — it’s strong. Even though it’s broken in present day, we get a little bit of an insight that this guy was not bad. He really served a purpose for Mike as a young kid.
656069, Ok nice return
Posted by Crucian1, Wed Jul-17-13 02:31 PM
We all knew that was a dream sequence cause no way mike bares his soul and peen to rachel only to have her drop dime. I'm so over Mike's secret and am glad its out to another person.

Backing up for a second....mommy and daddy are still fighting. SO Jessica was all on board when the obstacle was Hardman...I get that the battle put the firm in a weak spot and they needed to come up with a solution. Harvey thought that they (him and jessica) could weather...Jessica went to find a white knight a proposed a merger....so now mommy and daddy are fighting. I get that she questions Harvey's motives and his being a crappy team player but he's always been her hammer and this is who he's always been.

So now he wants out or will destroy the firm from within to prove a point to jessica?.......

I don't see how they get back to being a team, British Harvey is like yoda, British Lewis is gully. They need to find something to do with Donna.

I miss Mike's savant/legal eagle skills.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You posting in a hoe's tone (c) monkeynuts
656208, Episode 1 Recap (SWIPE)
Posted by nipsey, Sat Jul-20-13 03:29 PM
SPOILERS for those who missed first episode.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/07/16/suits-season-3-premiere-postmortem-patrick-j-adams-meghan-markle/

'Suits' postmortem: Patrick J. Adams and Meghan Markle dish on season premiere
by Mandi Bierly on Jul 16, 2013 at 11:21PM @ewmandibierly

Spoiler alert! If you haven’t watched the Suits season premiere, stop reading now. Stars Patrick J. Adams (Mike) and Meghan Markle (Rachel) stopped by EW separately today to chat about what went down in the hour and where we go from here.

• By the end of the hour, Harvey (Gabriel Macht) still wanted nothing to do with Mike, but Rachel did. The first time Mike went to her apartment and stared at her large bed, she told him she’d never expose him to the firm, but if he wanted to be with her, he had to quit. And he was going to, until Jessica (Gina Torres) gave him a large office in which to hang his fake Harvard diploma — which set Rachel off again, for obvious reasons — and Louis (Rick Hoffman) gave him the idea to prove to Harvey that Batman needs his Robin. After Harvey reamed Mike out for not telling him everything about Jessica — which is what loyalty is — Mike returned to Rachel’s apartment. He told her he was going to tell her everything and “when we’re done, either we’re gonna be finished, or we’re gonna go back there and we’re gonna do exactly what we should have done the other night.” They did it again.

Meghan Markle: It was so funny, because we didn’t see each other at all over the hiatus. When you’re working on a season, you get this momentum and it’s obviously so much easier to fall into this shorthand together. So really, one of our first scenes back together was the one in Rachel’s bed. They have these underwear rigged on me so it seems like I don’t have anything on — but I did. We obviously talked a lot about it, and we’re really good friends. Once you develop a comfort level with someone, that translates on camera.

Patrick J. Adams: We just dove in. Especially that scene in the bed. We were both just like, “Great. Let’s hit it. What do you need to be comfortable? What can I do? What’s the best way to shoot it?” We talked to the DP. We talked to the director. We just got really hands-on with it. We tried to make it work however we could so that the nervousness and that timidness wasn’t there anymore. I think that you’re gonna see that throughout the whole relationship this season. Now that they’re past that first stage — which is “What is it?” — they’re two people who are really trying to make it work. There’s just been a ton of really beautiful, sweet moments that have come out of it that don’t feel rushed in the same way that maybe some stuff felt in the first two seasons. We’ve been both fighting for the writers and the directors to just take their time with this relationship because I think people think it’s an important one, and we just want to do it justice.

Markle: We’ll meet Rachel’s mom this season . Mike comes to the Zane household for dinner. That’s pretty fun, the meeting of the parents. They have those moments where they’re really trying to build the relationship. And then, of course, there’s the fact that Rachel’s still trying to get into a great law school and do all of these things that Mike has done deceptively — or rather hasn’t done at all. That’s always going to be a thorn in their relationship. She’s trying to figure out how she can love him and not be resentful of the fact that he has everything that she wants.

• Mike ultimately gave back the office, so it won’t be a symbol to himself, Harvey, or Rachel of his betrayal and what he didn’t earn. He got Jessica to accept it by informing her that he now has a copy of the letter she’d penned to the DA when she threatened to expose him. It was never sent, but it was printed from her hard drive, which has her computer’s digital signature. Now if she ever exposes him, he has proof that she knew about him being a fraud and hid it.

Adams: Mike and Jessica don’t get a lot of time together, so I really appreciated those few moments, and I love the end of that scene. I think it just really hammers home how far Mike has come. It also puts into context the threat not only to his future at the firm, but also to the firm itself should anything happen to him. That’s him really being clear and establishing that anybody who messes with him is gonna have to deal with some pretty serious consequences themselves. It’s less of an outright threat, and him saying, “You better have my back, because if you don’t, I can take all of this down and ruin this for everybody.” That changes the dynamic. Now if anybody wants to put him under threat and use that against him, he knows that he has a really important card to play.

• Jessica and Harvey are basically at war: Darby (Conleth Hill) wants Harvey to represent oil tycoon Ava Hessington (Game of Thrones‘ Michelle Fairley), who’s accused of bribing a foreign government to get a pipeline (and who has a dirty environmental history she doesn’t need exposed). The case means so much to Darby (for reasons we’ve yet to learn) that Harvey was able to make a move behind Jessica’s back. At first, Harvey demanded that if he wins the case, Darby tear up his non-compete and fire him. But then, once Cameron Dennis (Gary Cole) became the special prosecutor on it, Harvey went back to Darby and asked that if he wins, Darby doesn’t fire him. Instead, he wants Darby to back him as managing partner. We’ve seen Mike pass Harvey information for this case already, even though Harvey doesn’t want his help.

Adams: That will go on for a little bit. In this next episode, there’s some great stuff between Mike and Louis, because nature abhors a vacuum and Louis has no associate and Mike Ross has no fearless leader. So we get to see Louis step in and try to court Mike. But I think obviously the show is about Mike and Harvey and them finding their way back to each other and figuring out how they’re gonna work best together. That’s gonna change this season, just because Mike has matured quite a bit from who he was in the first two seasons, and so has Harvey in a lot of ways. (Read what Macht and Adams have to say about when Harvey and Mike might reunite.)

Bonus scoop on Rachel’s apartment, which made its debut in this episode:

Markle: I was thrilled for my character, but as an actor, that’s where you go, “Oh, I’ve got job security! They’re putting money into building my apartment! I’m not goin’ anywhere for a while!” In terms of the actual aesthetics of it, I really had a clear idea of where I feel Rachel comes from. She probably would love to live in the West Village, but I’m sure her parents said, “Yes, but we own this beautiful property in the Upper West Side. We know the doorman. It’s safe.” It has that sensibility where you know the money she came from, but it still has a really young, playful, obviously very stylish but cool feeling. And each of the pictures that are framed in that apartment are pictures of me and my friends in real life. So it really feels like home now.
656333, so is this gina torres last season?
Posted by boyd, Mon Jul-22-13 06:13 AM
656418, Why do you say that?
Posted by nipsey, Mon Jul-22-13 06:59 PM
656515, Welcome to Team Litt......Louis is killing it
Posted by Ink_Spot, Tue Jul-23-13 10:04 PM
I half laughed/half cried for him in that ending scene....
656525, I was waiting until a few episodes in before I commented
Posted by Ray_Snill, Wed Jul-24-13 12:38 AM
the writers for this show are absolute beasts at writing dialogue. there were so many brilliant interactions in tonight's episode. Donna/Rachel, Mike/Louis, Harvey/Ava, Mike/Rachel and I loved the slick way both Jessica and Ava let Harvey see how easy it was to get caught up in a bad situation which kinda made realize he had to forgive Mike. I legit felt bad for Louis at the end. I give the episode 5 out of 5 stars

<================================
http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd494/raysnill1/2012falcons.jpg
656781, RE: I was waiting until a few episodes in before I commented
Posted by SankofaII, Fri Jul-26-13 01:41 PM
>the writers for this show are absolute beasts at writing
>dialogue. there were so many brilliant interactions in
>tonight's episode. Donna/Rachel, Mike/Louis, Harvey/Ava,
>Mike/Rachel and I loved the slick way both Jessica and Ava let
>Harvey see how easy it was to get caught up in a bad situation
>which kinda made realize he had to forgive Mike. I legit felt
>bad for Louis at the end. I give the episode 5 out of 5 stars
>

agreed.

I mean, that's the shows strong suit: the writing. The character relationships: I mean, I was feeling for *BOTH* Donna and Rachel and felt that argument; Harvey/Jessica, etc.

And you are so right with Jessica and Ava like they *BOTH* showed him he needed to get over shit *AND* move on. (And I did feel Jessica legitimately wanted to make amends)

It's one of the best shows on TV that NO ONE is watching...

Covert Affairs is right behind it, but folk aren't missing how good this show has become for real. It's way more than the "lightweight Alias" rap it got in the beginning...very solid show also.
656785, yeah, the show has become a beast....second best dialogue
Posted by Ink_Spot, Fri Jul-26-13 02:11 PM
after Justified imo. There were so many great convos in the last episode.....Louis/Jessica (the three musketeers reference was funny)....Harvey/Donna, Harvey/Louis (the 4 nipples Sally had me dying)....Louis/Mike (every scene of Louis killed).....Donna/Rachel....there are so many scenes, in which the dialogue just holds you. Coupled with the fact that all the girls are hot (sans Ava)....I love the show.
656786, RE: yeah, the show has become a beast....second best dialogue
Posted by SankofaII, Fri Jul-26-13 02:17 PM
>after Justified imo. There were so many great convos in the
>last episode.....Louis/Jessica (the three musketeers reference
>was funny)....Harvey/Donna, Harvey/Louis (the 4 nipples Sally
>had me dying)....Louis/Mike (every scene of Louis
>killed).....Donna/Rachel....there are so many scenes, in which
>the dialogue just holds you. Coupled with the fact that all
>the girls are hot (sans Ava)....I love the show.

yea. I mean, the writing is outstanding; the economy of language (so much is said between characters in *LESS* words...peep the Donna/Rachel argument, they were saying SO MUCH in their eyes and how they reacted to each other. i will say this: it's clear they're best friends and love the hell out each other. Cause when Donna told her she needed to stop before shit went past the point of them not being friends, I was like damn, that's some shit i've said to a friend i'm arguing with, etc.)

its a fantastic show...that won't ever get its just due for awards because it's on USA and *EVERYONE* acts as if USA shows are beneath them to watch, etc.
656598, they stay playing him out
Posted by gumz, Wed Jul-24-13 04:24 PM
poor Louis can't catch a break...nobody can be mad at him for being who he is cause at every turn the moment he's the nice guy he gets betrayed or embarrassed in some sort of way.
656771, That shit was heartbreaking.
Posted by spades, Fri Jul-26-13 11:48 AM
656803, Poor Louis
Posted by nipsey, Fri Jul-26-13 07:13 PM
Dude is always getting isht on. I was actually yelling at the screen, "Don't do it Mike!".
656833, Harvey = Lucy, Louis = Charlie Brown
Posted by lfresh, Sat Jul-27-13 01:30 PM
Harvey staaaays doing this to Louis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=055wFyO6
~~~~
When you are born, you cry, and the world rejoices. Live so that when you die, you rejoice, and the world cries.
~~~~
You cannot hate people for their own good.
656787, I think Harvey's making a mistake with Jessica
Posted by spades, Fri Jul-26-13 03:17 PM
I get why he's so upset, but all things considered she loves that dude. You could tell in their convo on the balcony. I hope he doesn't go through w/this...
656798, It was bound to happen....regardless of how she is somewhat sorry
Posted by Ink_Spot, Fri Jul-26-13 05:04 PM
she still says she will do everything all over again...and the problem is that she wanted to teach him a lesson of his 'place'. She rather go outside and partner with someone, who she gave up power to, rather than elevate Harvey to get his name on that door. Because no matter what he does, or how many battles he wins for her, she does not see him as her equal, and may never do so. Him going out and wrecking havoc on her, may be the only way she steps back and sees that he is worth it, and no longer that boy she plucked from the mailroom. She may have had to go through the same thing with Hardman, and Harvey may have to go through the same thing in the future with Mike. it is a natural progression of things. She shit on the dude, and made him lick it. She should have known that Harvey being Harvey would come for her. She tried to make things right, she was contrite, and when he asked her a question, all she had to say was "I would have done it differently" just to soothe his ego, and the fight will be over. But her pride didn't let her, she had to make that point...or doing it all over again. To her, shitting on him was justified....and he will hurt her, or both of them, before it is all over.
656802, fuck
Posted by spades, Fri Jul-26-13 06:53 PM
You know what, you right.
656804, Is that how it went down?
Posted by nipsey, Fri Jul-26-13 07:15 PM
I thought the merger was their single best chance for survival. They were vulnerable. They may have beat Hardman, but they were going to continue to have people gunning for them. I don't think it was as much about putting Harvey in his place as it was saving the firm.

>She rather go outside and partner with someone, who
>she gave up power to, rather than elevate Harvey to get his
>name on that door.
656822, They needed the merger, and they were vulnerable...but she
Posted by Ink_Spot, Sat Jul-27-13 09:56 AM
shunned every idea and move Harvey made, even though his 'wins' kept them afloat to do the merger. Plus, do not forget that the merger was done and proposed behind Harvey's back (it is her firm, and her right to do as she chooses). She did not want Harvey's name on the door. There was another way the Darby merger would have gone down, where Harvey and Scottie could have gotten their names on the door (Harvey hated that). Harvey just wanted to use the Darby money and win cases and accumulate victories till he and Jessica could get a partner that allowed his name and hers on the door.

I think his biggest issue with the Darby merger is that as proposed, they do not have control, and it pushes him further down the pecking order. Darby has controlling interest, and Jessica on her part wanted to prove to Harvey that he is a pup, and not worth getting his name on the door yet. Plus she reveled in 'teaching him a lesson'.

Since then, she has had every opportunity to apologize for that fact, but she says everything...but that. Plus, she says she wants to get them back to where they 'were'. Where they were, is a place where Harvey is her pitbull, he gets unleashed to go get her 'wins'. But will have no real power in decisions made. Harvey thinks he has earned a seat at the table, and Jessica wants him under her thumb, where she is comfortable. I see both points, and she does this because of her experience with Hardman.

You see the same dynamic with Mike, who had a chance to pair with Louis, who would have treated him as more of an equal. Louis I think would have been perfect with him. But Mike chose to go play puppy again with Harvey and seek his approval (due to a case of loyalty). Harvey will never give Mike the full respect and power he deserves in the future, because he will always be his boy.
657356, episode 3: Unfinished Business
Posted by Ray_Snill, Sat Aug-03-13 02:22 PM
another strong episode but there was some weaknesses. I hate that Katrina chick and I've yet to see anything useful or entertaining from her character. and the British Harvey initially fell flat. once again the dialogue amongst the main characters is the saving grace. I really loved the 'apology' scene between Donna & Rachel. I also like it when Harvey throws Louis a bone & is nice to him. Meagan Markle is pretty good in her subtle acting, like the way she switched up her whole steeze when she wanted to know if she was Mike's girlfriend. I give this ep 4 out of 5

657367, episode 2-3
Posted by Crucian1, Sat Aug-03-13 10:00 PM
I have a couple issues. They cleaned up the Harvey/Mike mistrust issue too quickly. He should have had time to be Team Litt if the direction is to show Mike with some growth beyond his terrible secret...he can't stay up Harvey's ass for too long.

That 4th yr lawyer is a good foil for Mike...I don't know how good a bone she is for Lewis though.

Yeah Harvey 2.0 did fall flat to me with the James Bond vibe and I don't see the chemistry between him and Donna yet.

They seem to now want to play the Harvey vs Jessica thing as if he's somewhat conflicted by it but him going to Darby with that deal against Jessica is a line in the sand so to see them try to be cordial is just weird to me now cause he's trying to take her down.
657420, I can't really stand her either.
Posted by spades, Mon Aug-05-13 01:39 PM
Also, I WISH they would give my homie Louis a fucking break.

#teamlitt
657481, love her body though
Posted by Ink_Spot, Tue Aug-06-13 01:08 AM
Plus I really dug a lot of the dialogue, especially markle in the scene she asks mike if they were steadies
657601, i actually like her but they haven't written her very well
Posted by gumz, Wed Aug-07-13 11:01 AM
she's had no redeeming qualities up to this point. Last night's episode gave her a little more shine but prior to that there was no reason at all to like her and she basically served no purpose.
657394, it's just been ok for me so far
Posted by Calico, Sun Aug-04-13 05:59 PM
...and the dialogue is always this snow's saving grace, cause the plotlines are rarely noteworthy

...I get why Harvey is pissed but screwing over Jessica won't help him....it would b smarter to get out of his non compete, but this is TV, so whatever .....

I still love how fly all the women on this show are....
657597, the Clay Davis shoutout had me laughing
Posted by gumz, Wed Aug-07-13 10:25 AM
657671, The whole seen was an homage to Bunk and McNulty (VIDEO)
Posted by nipsey, Wed Aug-07-13 09:12 PM
http://popwatch.ew.com/2013/08/07/suits-wire-video/
657679, I meant "scene". Doh!
Posted by nipsey, Wed Aug-07-13 10:23 PM
657691, yup that was dope
Posted by gumz, Thu Aug-08-13 09:21 AM
i didn't realize at first cause i was so caught off guard by how many times they said shit in USA. my mind is still in old school basic cable mode i guess.
657637, episode 4: Conflict of Interest
Posted by Ray_Snill, Wed Aug-07-13 02:55 PM
wow, I'm really ready for somebody to take Jessica down. thinking back on the show has she ever done anything? when Louis got the firm in trouble in season 1, Harvey saved the day. when Dennis first tried to set up Harvey, Donna held the trump card that cleared him. Mike & Harvey took down Hardman, and cleaned up the mess Jessica made by giving him the non-disclosure agreement. Harvey also got Scotty to get Darby to finance Hardman's sexual harassment cases. and even now Louis was the one that pushed Ava out. Jessica look good in them dresses but it might be that time to smack her upside the head cause she reckless with her 'loyalties' she bout to lose the respect of all her managers. and that Katrina chick finally did something entertaining, when her and Mike were working together. Donna and the British dude is still very off. it's not cute they don't mess and honestly it's quite boring. another very strong episode. I give this one 4.5 out of 5

657664, The comment last week about 'putting tigers down' and
Posted by Ink_Spot, Wed Aug-07-13 08:18 PM
having Ava out this week, even though Darby specifically presented the case to her, as a favor he needed, shows she is pretty reckless, and really underestimates the people around her. She should have also found a way to keep Louis on her side at least. She has burning bridges all over her; Harvey, Mike, Louis, Ava....and now she added Darby to the list. Not a smart move.
657682, RE: The comment last week about 'putting tigers down' and
Posted by SankofaII, Thu Aug-08-13 01:43 AM
>having Ava out this week, even though Darby specifically
>presented the case to her, as a favor he needed, shows she is
>pretty reckless, and really underestimates the people around
>her. She should have also found a way to keep Louis on her
>side at least. She has burning bridges all over her; Harvey,
>Mike, Louis, Ava....and now she added Darby to the list. Not a
>smart move.

i agree with all this. But something tells me Jessica may very well be making plays of her own.

I just don't see her being this reckless where she'd lose her law firm.

Just like something tells me that this merger with Darby? there's gotta be a loophole somewhere in which she can get the law firm out of the merger.

she kept bringing up 51/49, i.e. Harvey was right. they needed the merger but she GOT PLAYED too.

that's eating at her and she will find a way out of this...

but it will come after Harvey, in his determination to have his name on the door, damages the firm with his takeover attempt (which I feel will blow up in his face).
657692, they turned her into a villain really quick though
Posted by gumz, Thu Aug-08-13 09:24 AM
up to this point her cold blooded moves seemed justifiable but now it seems like she's just on a power trip. especially the way she was talking to Luis. that poor guy can't catch a break.
657701, she has always been villainy. Just Hardman was a bigger one
Posted by Ink_Spot, Thu Aug-08-13 10:47 AM
Jessica has always been heartless in her moves, but like you said, it was for what she thought worked for her firm. The difference now, is that she realizes that she played herself in the quest to one-up Harvey, and now, she is trying to put her stamp on Darby, and being reckless. Her buffers have always been Harvey, Mike, and Louis. Now she is making bigger mistakes.
658023, If this season is a lead up to getting rid of Jessica
Posted by lfresh, Mon Aug-12-13 07:09 PM
Then this show is sunk

Oh and Brit dude and Harvey's asst is not appealing at all
They can end that at anytime
~~~~
When you are born, you cry, and the world rejoices. Live so that when you die, you rejoice, and the world cries.
~~~~
658059, Jessica ain't leavin
Posted by Calico, Mon Aug-12-13 10:44 PM
....her character is too important and interesting to lose.....I'm wondering how long Varys will stick around though....it's only a matter of time b4 Jessica and Harvey make up and get at homie.....
658096, Right, this is a lover's spat, nothing more.
Posted by spades, Tue Aug-13-13 10:36 AM
658223, seem like they're on their way to making up already
Posted by gumz, Wed Aug-14-13 09:53 PM
this week's ep was a turning point for their beef.
658714, Breathing a deep sigh of relief
Posted by lfresh, Wed Aug-21-13 07:49 PM

~~~~
~~~~
658234, episode 5: Shadow of a Doubt
Posted by Ray_Snill, Thu Aug-15-13 12:37 AM
I gotta review before I comment

658294, Episode 5, Shadow of a Doubt
Posted by nipsey, Thu Aug-15-13 07:52 PM
Another solid episode. Although Jessica is making steps to improve her relationship with Harvey, I still don't know how this is going to turn out. The scenes with Louis, Nigel and the cat were priceless. Louis is like the Lafayette of the show. Giving it a shot in the arm each week with some humor.
658298, lol. he is better than Lafayette. Dude kills his scenes
Posted by Ink_Spot, Thu Aug-15-13 08:00 PM
658715, Nah
Posted by lfresh, Wed Aug-21-13 07:51 PM
Only because the actor who portrayed Lafayette portrayed his character so well
They didn't kill him off

Louis was never in danger of that
And that actor was cast specifically for that role
It's his niche as a character actor
~~~~
~~~~
658303, I love Donna and Megan Markle but...
Posted by SoulHonky, Thu Aug-15-13 08:24 PM
...yeah, those two relationship stories put the brakes on this show right now. Still, it's been a good season and Louis has been the MVP.

I'm hoping the murder trial is done now because that story has kind of played itself out. I'm ready for phase 2 of the season.

658329, yeah, those two relationships are taking away from
Posted by Ink_Spot, Fri Aug-16-13 12:08 AM
Shit that matters. Especially British invasion's shit with Donna
658590, Great Episode....that playing of Retrograde on that rooftop scene...
Posted by Ink_Spot, Tue Aug-20-13 10:04 PM
fucking genius.....I was enjoying the whole episode....but when I head james Blake's voice....fuck...that was some good TV
658607, Wait mike gets in to harvard?
Posted by muzuabo, Wed Aug-21-13 01:06 AM
658610, yeah....love how the dude made it his last act before leaving
Posted by Ink_Spot, Wed Aug-21-13 01:54 AM
....was funny
658710, ah. finally clicked with me.
Posted by muzuabo, Wed Aug-21-13 07:08 PM
He got into Harvard but was kicked out of school thus losing his chance to go to Harvard.
658614, great episode.
Posted by Ray_Snill, Wed Aug-21-13 03:31 AM
finally one where the story was front & center. loved how the past & present paralleled. answered the question about Harvey & Donna (still didn't get the story behind the can opener) that damn Jessica ... wow!

so British dude is a snake? I can't wait til they get rid of this dude, never liked him & the show is weak whenever he's on screen. guess Trevor wasn't so bad after all, but jealousy got the best of him. Donna still my favorite in any era lol, she just shines

658591, Great Episode....that playing of Retrograde on that rooftop scene...
Posted by Ink_Spot, Tue Aug-20-13 10:04 PM
fucking genius.....I was enjoying the whole episode....but when I head james Blake's voice....fuck...that was some good TV
658720, First rhye then Blake, cinched it
Posted by lfresh, Wed Aug-21-13 08:53 PM
Man the timing on the Blake scene

But that part of the song had me sold from get
~~~~
~~~~
658723, i was mad when they cut that song off
Posted by gumz, Wed Aug-21-13 09:37 PM
i wanted them to ride it out a while longer
659278, Harvey put them hands on dude
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Tue Aug-27-13 11:18 PM
i was not expecting that twist at all
659291, but they said...he did say
Posted by lfresh, Wed Aug-28-13 07:59 AM
and when it happened

you SAW the click

oh man

get 'im harvey GET 'IM!
~~~~
~~~~
659284, episode 7: She's Mine
Posted by Ray_Snill, Wed Aug-28-13 01:32 AM
another great episode. been a while since we saw Mike use his memory & man did he pick a boss time to use it... I FREAKING LOVED THAT SCENE!! glad they wrapped up that Donna/Stephen storyline, damn that was boring and sickening.

nice appearance from Harold lol, but Rachel owned his ass. loved all the Louis/Rachel scenes. man I wanted Harvey to take Jessica down but damn dude made some hellified chess moves on her ass. she needed to be humbled and Harvey got her ass good.

Harvey put them paws on old boy. I didn't see that coming. he beat the brakes off Stephen, and that was my first time noticing that Harvey is kind of a big dude. I give this episode 4.5 of 5

659452, Agreed
Posted by nipsey, Thu Aug-29-13 07:56 PM
But I could've done without the B story line. That was pretty weak and an obvious attempt to find something for Rachel and Louis to do since they have no involvement in the main storyline.

I knew exactly what Mike was doing when he went into Dennis' office. I'm glad they went back to his photographic memory.

It was also nice to see Harvey and Jessica makeup. I'd rather seem them on the same side than at odds.

And Harvey effed home boy up! Bootleg James Bond got nothing on The Spirit.

I must say I didn't like how neat they tied up (potentially) the Rachel to Stanford storyline. Of course she could have gone to either NYU OR Columbia if her grades and LSAT score were good enough for her to even consider Stanford. But the writers have to create some kind of artificial barrier in their relationship.
659499, they really need to do more with Louis
Posted by Crucian1, Fri Aug-30-13 09:52 PM
he also has a savvy legal mind whereas Harvey relies on his out of the courthouse moves.

while I'm glad their focusing on the rachel/law school angle, she too is a savvy paralegal.

I could have done without the cat mock trial

I need more back story on Jessica's rise to managing partner prior to meeting harvey.

Donna and british harvey...lack of chemistry and just poor story line.

I still think the cut the louis teaching mike way too short
659757, episode 8: Endgame
Posted by Ray_Snill, Wed Sep-04-13 12:10 AM
looks to be another great episode so far

<=====================================
659761, Man they've smashed it this season
Posted by blinded by the lights, Wed Sep-04-13 02:41 AM
One of the few qualms I've ever really had with this show was the introduction of Stephen. He was advertised as 'the British Harvey' or a sort of James Bond character, when he never held a candle to Harvey, and seemed more like a Bond villain. Then a pretty much impossible to see twist makes it turn out that he WAS more like a Bond villain.

Absolutely love this show.
659763, yeah...wonderful season so far.....
Posted by Ink_Spot, Wed Sep-04-13 04:50 AM
659792, Yo, that last scene between Harvey & Jessica....
Posted by spades, Wed Sep-04-13 10:49 AM
That shit was touching as FOCK! Also, Donna and Harvey need to get it in. They're WAY more than friends/colleagues at this point.
660558, I know there are shows that are critically acclaimed
Posted by Ink_Spot, Wed Sep-11-13 05:35 AM
that most people wax poetic about...and I am one of them....Breaking Bad...Boardwalk....Justified....Luther....Game of Thrones.....etc...

But when it comes down to it, I challenge anyone who thinks clearly to name a more fun hour of TV...Suits consistently delivers. It is not heavy, or dark, or edge of your seat thriller...this show just excels at keeping things light and moving, and after the hour, you are left with a smile.

I just got home and watched 'Bad Faith', and after a long ass day, I smiled and laughed a few times through it all, and it always makes me feel so. I am not going to sit here and say it is better than those shows I named earlier, but it is a lot of fun. I for one have to own up to that. Another great episode. They have been on a serious role since last year.

P.S.

Being mad about someone else's cat not being read your letters? Insane....that convo between Louis and Harvey when he was trying to explain what provoked him into losing the negotiations, was priceless. A big shout out to Wendell Pierce too...he always kills it. And umm, Scottie, Rachel, and Jessica ....they all are hot and got nice booties.
660563, RE: I know there are shows that are critically acclaimed
Posted by Numba_33, Wed Sep-11-13 08:12 AM
>Being mad about someone else's cat not being read your
>letters? Insane....that convo between Louis and Harvey when he
>was trying to explain what provoked him into losing the
>negotiations, was priceless.

It felt as if the writers was admiting that Louis storyline was as stupid as most people watching did.

Also, Harvey agreeing to make the concession with this ex-girl seemed a bit out of note to me given the stakes invovled and how hard it was to get the check from Wendell Pierce's character, but I have faith the last episode will deliver, so I won't get too upset.
660664, i thought Rachel was about to be ALL out
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Thu Sep-12-13 02:57 AM
i forget Suits is a USA show because i don't have cable. she started undressing and i'm like "wooooooord?"

great episode. i love how these cats are so tuned into getting Ws at all costs that it fucks up their real life judgment. Mike is about to fuck up.
660741, i was watching on TV and they had me fooled lol
Posted by gumz, Thu Sep-12-13 01:49 PM
>i forget Suits is a USA show because i don't have cable. she
>started undressing and i'm like "wooooooord?"

i was like "oh shit!"
660788, RE: I know there are shows that are critically acclaimed
Posted by Ray_Snill, Thu Sep-12-13 10:41 PM
>A big shout out to Wendell Pierce
>too...he always kills it. And umm, Scottie, Rachel, and
>Jessica ....they all are hot and got nice booties.

don't forget Donna, and as irritating as her character is, that Katrina chick bad to the bone gristle too. must be hell for a man on that set lol

661399, Agree 100%
Posted by blinded by the lights, Wed Sep-18-13 03:47 AM
Just finished the finale and told my friend that I know it's blasphemy to most, but I've enjoyed Suits as much as I've enjoyed Breaking Bad in recent months.
661513, this reminds me
Posted by lfresh, Thu Sep-19-13 06:52 AM

>too...he always kills it. And umm, Scottie, Rachel, and
>Jessica ....they all are hot and got nice booties.

they need better looking dudes
women can't survive on harvey alone
~~~~
~~~~
661550, jesus christ no. no. no.
Posted by Rjcc, Thu Sep-19-13 04:51 PM

http://card.mygamercard.net/lastgame/rjcc.png

www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at
661393, episode 10: Stay
Posted by Ray_Snill, Wed Sep-18-13 01:03 AM
so far, Scottie back, plus. Sheila back, plus. Tanner back, WTF?!? the show is too good to keep rehashing weak characters.

Mike & Donna going to see Huntley was another great scene. I'm starting to like Mike/Donna interactions a lot more.

this Tanner dude is a waste of space. I get he's supposed to be this sleezy dude, but damn at least make him interesting, like Dennis. at least we got a backstory to him & Harvey's relationship.

Sheila & Louis. don't know why but I love them together.

so Louis knows Mike secret now too ... oh goodness.

hope they make Scottie fine ass a regular

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view3/4837778/william-moore-wwe-tackle-o.gif
661401, the writers lean on Tanner for shitstirring.
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Wed Sep-18-13 03:57 AM
kind of lazy. i hope he never shows up again.
661402, RE: episode 10: Stay
Posted by Numba_33, Wed Sep-18-13 06:00 AM
I didn't like how emo-driven the entire episode was. Mike guilt tripping his girlfriend was annoying and they lawyer for Hessinton Oil constantly bring up Harvey's old relationship with the rival firm got stale.

Also, the Harvard archival file room seemed like a lazy way for Luis to discover Mike's past. I suppose him knowing Mike's past is a good way to upgrade him from the C-grade plotpoints he's been involved with for the longest now.
661429, I like the way Rachel played that.
Posted by spades, Wed Sep-18-13 11:28 AM
Proud of her.
661512, he thinks he knows
Posted by lfresh, Thu Sep-19-13 06:50 AM
>
>so Louis knows Mike secret now too ... oh goodness.
>

but he dont really know

i probably thinks he went to another school and is at least certified

vs no school whatsoever

he better be careful jessica and harvey WILL cut him
lol
~~~~
~~~~
661524, solid ep:
Posted by SankofaII, Thu Sep-19-13 08:13 AM
Mike/Donna: we need more interactions between them.

Rachel/Jessica: I liked how she played that *AND* for once, I think jessica was impressed by how Rachel approached her and basically said "fuck that affidavit, THIS is what we're going to do". I dig the fact that the writers are slowly but surely putting EVERYONE who knows Mike's secret on relatively equal footing and interacting with each other...plus, those two interacting more would be interesting.

Love Louis...i'm over Sheila though. I love Rachel Harris, but Sheila as a character is irritating.

The Harvard Room: really? that easy? smh

Stephen Huntley: such a lame ass and I'm glad Donna and Mike got his ass.

Ava Hessington/Hessington Oil: I'm glad this is coming to an end. I loved Ava's badassedness/I don't give a fuck, I goes for mine and takes it attitude, but that storyline was becoming repetitive.

Scottie and Tanner: Love Scottie and enjoy Abigail Spencer and Gabriel Macht's chemistry on screen; But, I just don't think she understands that Harvey is just never going to be *THAT* guy. Never.

Tanner: the writers needs to find another asshole character who is better at coming for Harvey's and Jessica's necks. Because as a character, he's a butt ass chump who always is bested easily when he's on the show...

but i love thee entire HELL out of this show. COVERT AFFAIRS (who no one is watching but should because it's gotten surprisingly good writing wise *AND* dark as hell) and SUITS have been firing on all cylinders this season...I can't wait for the final eps for both shows later this Fall (Covert Affairs) and later this year/Winter 2014 (Suits)
661555, Plus it was utterly stupid she was going after Harvey, et. al
Posted by nipsey, Thu Sep-19-13 09:49 PM
They got her off of corruption charges AND murder charges and she's pissed at them? It made no freakin' sense!
>
>Ava Hessington/Hessington Oil: I'm glad this is coming to an
>end. I loved Ava's badassedness/I don't give a fuck, I goes
>for mine and takes it attitude, but that storyline was
>becoming repetitive.
>
661567, RE: Plus it was utterly stupid she was going after Harvey, et. al
Posted by SankofaII, Fri Sep-20-13 12:17 AM
>They got her off of corruption charges AND murder charges and
>she's pissed at them? It made no freakin' sense!
>>
>>Ava Hessington/Hessington Oil: I'm glad this is coming to an
>>end. I loved Ava's badassedness/I don't give a fuck, I goes
>>for mine and takes it attitude, but that storyline was
>>becoming repetitive.
>>
>

RIGHT?! My dad (who stans for this show, actually both my parents do) texted me on some: "Ava needs to swallow a huge ass horse pill of shut the fuck up, you just got OFF on murder and corruption/bribery charges and need to sit the fuck down IN THE BACK" for real.

Ava was so damn ungrateful. She *STILL* had issues with Harvey and they really DID help her ass.

They should have thrown her ass in jail.
661576, yeah i didn't get that either.
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Fri Sep-20-13 03:47 AM
661594, thats was definitely some misguided stupidness
Posted by lfresh, Fri Sep-20-13 10:21 AM

~~~~
~~~~
661596, It was transference.
Posted by spades, Fri Sep-20-13 10:52 AM
'member how she immediately offered Harvey a job to come work for her? She was looking for a new #2/Consigliere, since homeboy sold her out. Harvey came to symbolize that for her. Once she found out what was REALLY going on, and that Harvey's firm (whom he's become the symbol of, right or wrong) was complicit in it. She felt betrayed on a personal level.

She was out for a pound of flesh. That's why she came to Harvey talking about "...I wanted to see if you were sorry." All she really wanted was an apology - this was personal for her.
662574, i thought it was a pretty weak ep
Posted by Calico, Mon Sep-30-13 11:00 AM
...but to me most of the eps are weak with cool dialogue....it's like Gilmore Girls for lawyers or someshit

...i like the chartacters but rarely do the plotlines make sense or conclude in any satisfactory way....

Ava suing them was dumb, tanner coming back was dumb, them bringing Scottie back was weak, the whole Donna/evil Harvey dude thing was weak and had been already concluded in the previous ep, getting Rachel to sign that contract was a bad idea that backfired.... etc...

louis sorta had the only cool storyline when he was realiozing thaat he'd messed up with ole girl and was trying to fix it....everything else was pretty bad....and i really like the show....
673973, Part Two of Season 3 started tonight
Posted by nipsey, Thu Mar-06-14 10:01 PM
And I completely forgot.
673974, Suits is starting to catch on with viewers (SWIPE)
Posted by nipsey, Thu Mar-06-14 10:03 PM
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/03/05/how-the-dark-and-stylish-drama-suits-became-usa-s-best-show.html

How the Dark and Stylish Drama ‘Suits’ Became USA’s Best Show

It’s one of the most pirated television shows that you probably don’t watch. As USA darkens its palette of dramas, ‘Suits’ is poised to take over as the network’s flagship series.
Vince, Turtle and Johnny Drama as…investment bankers? That was Aaron Korsh’s initial idea when he sat down to write the show that would eventually become Suits. As he struggled during the 2007-2008 writers strike to get out of a professional rut, “My agent said, ‘You're always telling me these Wall Street stories, why don't you write about that?’” recalls Korsh, who had graduated from Wharton and worked as a Manhattan investment banker in the late ’80s/early ’90s before turning to writing. “So I set out to write a half-hour, Entourage-type show about investment banking.”

Instead, he ended up with something “much weightier,” which has since become one of USA network’s most popular shows. Suits tells the story of brilliant-but-troubled Mike Ross (Patrick J. Adams), who has a photographic memory and was once Harvard Law School-bound, but was instead expelled from college for selling the answers to a math test. In the pilot, Mike crosses paths with Harvey Spector (Gabriel Macht), a headstrong senior partner at Pearson Hardman tasked with hiring an associate from Harvard Law. Instead, Harvey offers the position to Mike, despite the fact that he does not have a law—or even a college—degree.

Since its 2011 debut, Suits has been steadily building momentum and critical praise. Last summer, the first 10 episodes of Season 3 drew 5.36 million viewers, also becoming USA’s highest-rated series of 2013 in the advertiser-coveted 18-49 demo. The show, which like many USA series splits its season in two parts (more than half of the episodes air during the summer; the rest follow in the winter), returns for a six-episode run beginning Thursday, March 9, at 9 p.m. ET. And with White Collar’s future in limbo, Suits is poised to take over as USA’s flagship series.

Despite the change in locale, Suits still very much reflects Korsh’s undergrad years at Wharton, where “I smoked a lot of pot,” he recalls. “I had a very good memory and I was able to do very well without going to class and messing around. I graduated and became an investment banker, but I always felt a little bit like a fraud because I had never really put in the work.” When one of his college roommates died when Korsh was 25, he had an epiphany and left banking to become a writer, working on shows like Everybody Loves Raymond and Just Shoot Me.

As Korsh wrote Suits (which he initially called A Gifted Mind), “the idea was to transfer my feelings of feeling like a fraud, and let’s make an actual fraud.” Because the original pilot was about investment bankers, “the level of his fraudulence was not as great,” says Korsh. “Had he been found out it wouldn’t have been illegal, it just would have been damaging at the firm.” His agent took the script to USA, which was intrigued but needed the series to have a case-of-the-week spine, which wasn’t compatible with the business of Wall Street. “So we made them lawyers,” says Korsh.

And in doing so, he created a scenario far more dire, and illegal, than he had initially intended. Because Mike is not actually a lawyer, his deception sets him up (along with Harvey and managing partner Jessica Person, played by Gina Torres) for potential jail time if it is ever uncovered. USA, however, never batted an eye about the prospect of a show in which its two heroes could end up in jail at any moment. “In the same way I kept waiting for people to tell me to take the ‘shit’s out , I kept waiting for someone to say we can't make this show; it's not plausible that he's a fake lawyer,” Korsh recalls. “Then I started thinking about the Madoff thing. Also, if you Google fake lawyers, all the time people are like faking, like the Leonardo DiCaprio movie Catch Me If You Can. For years, people really do get away with these things, so that made me feel better.”

‘What would Madoff's story be if he had spent his whole life doing what he was doing, but helping people?’
The opportunity to play a “good” version of Madoff in Mike was a big draw for Patrick J. Adams. “It’s something that I always talk to Aaron about,” Adams says. “What would Madoff's story be if he had spent his whole life doing what he was doing, but helping people? What would happen if a lawyer got to the end of his career of mostly doing good for people, and your secret got revealed? How would the world judge you then?”

When Suits debuted in 2011, its initial numbers were solid but not spectacular. While Korsh noted that the fan base already had “an intensity and fervor” on sites like Tumblr, some USA viewers were turned off by a show that skewed much darker than the traditional “blue skies” series that had been the network’s bread and butter. Yet despite its sharper edges, the show was marketed as in the same cheery vein as other USA series like Burn Notice and Royal Pains. “That always frustrated us,” says Adams. “You’d see certain promotional elements of the show and you be like, ‘That doesn't feel like what we're doing.’ But as the actor I really try to remove myself from that and focus on the task at hand.”

While USA has continued darkening its palette with new shows like Graceland, Suits has struggled to attract the network’s core viewers. “It feels like some of the audience for some of the other shows don't spark to Suits as much, but we bring in a new audience,” says Korsh. “I think we skew a little younger than some of the other shows.”

Gabriel Macht agrees that Suits had to fight its USA association in the early going, as it worked to find its audience, some of whom didn’t normally watch shows on the network. Still, “people are responding to that, once they catch on to it. It doesn’t feel like a natural fit, but I think they’re trying different things,” Macht says, noting that USA is now expanding further into original sitcoms, like the Denis Leary-created EMT comedy Sirens, which debuts after Suits on March 6.

But as buzz spread, the show’s popularity steadily grew, resulting in a surprise Screen Actors Guild nomination for Adams in 2011. (“I still don’t really believe that happened,” he says now.) Korsh credits a quality leap in Season 2—in which Harvey, Mike and Jessica (Gina Torres) battled the returning co-founding partner, Daniel Hardman, for control of the firm—for further expanding Suits’ fan base. “They made it more serialized, which I really was happy about,” says Adams. “When we started the show, it was not something USA did often, and you’re told not to get too excited about the idea of it being serialized, because it wouldn't really happen. And then as the show progressed and the characters got richer, they started consistently pushing it in that direction. As an actor, it's much more rewarding to feel like you're in a story that's ongoing, rather than just piecemealing the story.”

Meanwhile, viewers began discovering the show beyond its USA home. “When I started seeing it get into a higher gear is when I would go to iTunes and see that Season 1 and Season 2 were in the top ten of most-watched shows,” says Macht, noting also that Suits was also one of 2013’s 10 most-pirated shows. “It’s caught on.”

At the same time, Adams and Macht have been adjusting to the most superficial element of Suits: getting attention for wearing, well, suits. “It took a lot of getting used to,” says Adams. “We're actors; we're not used to dressing that way. In fact, I became an actor primarily so I wouldn't have to spend my life in a suit.” But now he’s warmed to it. “It’s been a very maturing process for me,” says Adams. “In a lot of ways, it’s made me more of a man in that it is forcing me to not hide myself. Every part of your body is on display and peacocked out with these outfits. And there is something kind of magical that happens when you put that thing on. Suddenly there is a confidence level that just goes up here and you feel powerful.”

For his part, Macht has enjoyed turning into somewhat of a fashion plate. “I thought, why not embrace it?” says Macht. “I feel like in many ways Suits does for fashion and for business attire what Sex and the City did for female fashion. I've learned a lot about tailoring and what works and what doesn't, and we’ve taken the Tom Ford model for Harvey's suit and adjusted it here and there to make it even better, I think. And at the end of the day, a really well-tailored, well-made suit can make anyone look really awesome.”

Sartorial attention aside, Adams felt like the show was at long last truly embraced last summer, when thanks to some long-awaited critical praise, “it felt like there were a lot of people starting to discuss Suits in that way, which people have ignored for a long time sort of assuming it was sort of standard, sort of silly TV fare.”

He’s hoping that continues with Season 3 second half, which will tug at the threads left dangling from the midseason cliffhanger, where fellow partner Louis Litt (Rick Hoffman) discovered that Mike Ross might not have gone to Harvard Law as he and Harvey have maintained. These remaining six episodes will delve further into the consequences of Mike’s existence at the firm, which is now known as Pearson Spector. “This decision that they made to bring Mike into the firm, caused a lot of other decisions to be made. And some of those decisions are going to come back to haunt them,” says Korsh. “It's going to build up to, should he stay in the firm or should he leave?” Adds Adams, “I’m really happy about it, because it’s been something that I creatively have been putting my hand in. This can’t go on forever.”

To that end, with Suits now three seasons into its run, Korsh is finally beginning to grapple with the question of how the show will ultimately end, and whether Mike — and by extension, Harvey — will ever be held accountable for their deception. “Recently, I have started giving some thought to it,” says Korsh, who is currently mulling four different outcomes. “One is the truth comes out and Mike goes to jail. That’s a definite possibility. We’ve at least discussed the possibility of the truth coming out and figuring out a way that he does not go to jail. Another option would be the truth would never come out, and another option would be the truth comes out, he goes to jail and you’re able to move past that.”

Korsh’s last idea sounds the most appealing to Macht. “I tried to pitch to Aaron that they get caught and put in jail at the end of Season 3,” says Macht. “And Season 4 is they're actually in jail working as their own lawyers to get themselves out. I thought it would be an incredible departure to see that white-collar prison. What is that and how do these guys manage what's going inside, with the women that are at the firm helping get them out?”

But before he can figure out how Suits will wrap up, Korsh has to focus on the show’s fourth season, which he’s already begun to write. Season 4, which should air this summer, will be shaped by “a huge development at the end of Season 3,” Korsh says. One big change on the agenda: We’re mulling a time jump, which we’ve never done before. Not some hyper-long jump, but we usually pick up the season within a day or two. We’re going to shake up the dynamics of the firm, and we’re very excited about the changes coming.”
673996, new ep was pretty good
Posted by gumz, Fri Mar-07-14 09:30 AM
674004, Nice to see Harvey a LIL' vulnerable.
Posted by spades, Fri Mar-07-14 11:29 AM
I'm SUPER curious to see how Jessica/Harvey's relationship goes from here on out. Love their chemistry.
674111, Louis is like a little terrier
Posted by lfresh, Sun Mar-09-14 04:57 PM
He will not let this go
~~~~
~~~~
674118, and for what? he gains nothing from knowing
Posted by Ray_Snill, Sun Mar-09-14 08:00 PM
maybe some blackmail power but if he don't turn him in he's guilty too

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view3/4837778/william-moore-wwe-tackle-o.gif
674114, i hope they chill on the partner drama for a while.
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Sun Mar-09-14 05:21 PM
at least the rest of this season and most of S4 when it comes.
674154, This show desperately needs a new direction
Posted by SoulHonky, Mon Mar-10-14 12:35 AM
Honestly, I'm kind of sick of the "Mike didn't go to Harvard" drama. Especially since they keep giving Mike more and more to do which makes them more and more likely to be caught and liable for when they do get caught.
And, yeah, the partner stuff isn't that engaging either.

Honestly, I wouldn't have been that upset if Mike moved to Cali with Rachel and we focused on some new young hot shot who ruffled Harvey's feathers.

Harvey really should have gone out and started his own firm.
674198, Gina Torres!
Posted by TheRealBillyOcean, Mon Mar-10-14 09:41 AM
That is all
674316, I've loved her since Cleopatra 2525
Posted by nipsey, Mon Mar-10-14 11:18 PM
I check for her in everything. So fine.