Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectThe issue I'm having now is, after a good start...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=653097&mesg_id=657086
657086, The issue I'm having now is, after a good start...
Posted by Taye DiggumSmacks, Tue Jul-30-13 02:44 PM
...and setting up what appeared to be strong plot lines for each person.....right now, some of the characters don't seem to have much to do within their own story.

With only a couple of episodes left in the season, what have we really seen of Bill as a Vampire God? Or Warlow's quest for Sookie? Or Alcide as new pack master? Thus far, none of them are particularly interesting, especially Alcide's difficulty.

Outside of his gal Rikki constantly testing the limits of his rule, there hasn't been enough interaction with the other wolves to show Alcide's troubles as a pack master. Even the friction between he and Sam (who's been criminally wasted this season) over Emma feels unnecessary.

And they killed off my Sugah Boo LUNA, for Nicole? Jurnee Smollett is my girl, but her acting abilities have been wasted here as well. Luna was much more engaging.

And there's no need to discuss my disappointment of Bill Almighty. All of that power, and he's been nothing more than the "creepy neighbor next door/rapey guy at the end of the bar" type.

I do like the vampire detention center plot, including Sarah Newlin being back and now in charge. But I find it somewhat confusing that the vampires seem so beatdown and rather mild, considering their situation. I have to believe the humans should be having a much more difficult time keeping the vampires prisoner...