Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectTrue Blood - Season 6
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=653097
653097, True Blood - Season 6
Posted by Delaney, Tue Jun-18-13 12:27 AM
Sunday night (6/16/2013) @ 9.

Season 5 recap: http://youtu.be/XzAGukzX--0

Interesting Rolling Stone article:

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/news/q-a-true-blood-showrunner-brian-buckner-spills-on-season-six-20130610

By Sarene Leeds
June 10, 2013 1:55 PM ET

Remember the good ol' days, when all 175-year-old vampire Bill Compton wanted was an invitation into telepathic waitress Sookie Stackhouse's home? The True Blood story lines seemed so simple five seasons ago when we were first introduced to the supernatural community of Bon Temps, Louisiana.

But as the fifth season roared to a close last summer, Bill, consumed by power and greed, slammed down a vial of Lilith's blood and was reincarnated into a creepy vampire-god hybrid that the interwebs dubbed "Billith," with ex-girlfriend Sookie and vamp frenemy Eric Northman bolting faster than you can say "hoecakes." With the sixth season of the sexy HBO drama set to premiere Sunday, we checked in with executive producer (and creator Alan Ball's showrunner successor) Brian Buckner for the lowdown on what's in store for our favorite Southern-drawling bloodsuckers, werewolves, shape-shifters, faeries and, yes, humans.

So what can we expect from this new season?

Well, thematically – and I want to be fair to all seasons past – I feel like we do so much running and killing that we very seldom stop to speak to the importance of life. So we will have an episode this season that's entitled "Life Matters." We're trying to remind people that the lives of these human beings and of the vampires here in this small town of Bon Temps, they mean something. So that if we lose somebody, we're going to stop to grieve them, and try to tell the more human side of the supernatural stories we're telling. That is sort of my mission statement.

Without giving away any spoilers, what secrets of the new season can you reveal?

I can tell you, because I believe it's already out there, that you will see both Steve and Sarah Newlin, in a meaningful way. One of our principal characters will not make it all the way through the season. In television, because of the pace of what we do, who these actors are, they inform the characters that they're playing. Because Anna is changing in her life – because she's a mother now – we're trying to make a more grown-up Sookie, a less naive Sookie. A Sookie who knows when she needs help and isn't always saying, "I can do it myself." And a darker Sookie, honestly. Someone who's a little bit more eyes-open to the world and self-aware.

Now that we're in the sixth season, how do you keep this story fresh and riveting?

Change. I'm not going to say what the changes are, but it's a big deal. Everybody loves the show, but actors don't want to play the same scenes anymore, and writers don't want to write the same scenes anymore, and so literally shifting things up. And pivoting people around – on this show, other than when we have table reads and premiere parties, a lot of these actors never work together – so the way I look at it, if we can shift the paradigm, and some of the relationships within the show, there are all these sort of new avenues to go down. Jason has basically never played a scene with, like, Pam, right? So there's all these pairings, and my job, and the job of the writers is to change the lanes that we've been driving down for six seasons. The answer is, because we have all these characters, I think it's very easy to stay fresh – you just have to be mindful about doing so. So that's the kind of thing that we have to be aware of and get back to a little bit of our soap opera roots and remember that romance matters in the midst of all the plot we do.

Along those lines, would you say that the Bill/Sookie/Eric love triangle still exists this season?

I think that it exists – the tension is there, but I would say that these characters have never been further apart, romantically. Bill and Sookie are still the center of the show. That pull is there, but you can't always have people together. But the impasse is really interesting.

How has your role on the show changed now that you are the showrunner as opposed to just one of the executive producers/writers?

Before, for a long time, we pretty much maintained the same staff, the same core group, for the first five years. And nobody wanted to see Alan leave. And now I really know why I didn't want to see Alan leave. We would all produce our own episodes, and work with each other on a larger story arc, but we were principally responsible for our own episodes. The big difference for me now is I have to be principally responsible for all of them. And I don't think I ever fully appreciated the pressure Alan was under. So it's that, and of course the responsibilities go beyond writing. It's post – it's having to maintain a dialogue with the actors so they know where we are, where their story lines are headed. And you can get very, very distracted. So the writing seems to come last , and that's been a little bit hard, and I've actually never had more respect for the job Alan was doing than I have now, now that I am sort of sitting in that seat. Because it's a big job.

Did you write any of this season's episodes?

Yeah, I wrote the ninth episode, and I had a heavy hand throughout. But not too heavy. I don't want to do a disservice to any of our fine writers. The group that I've had has really rallied.

How do you think you approach the show differently than Alan did?

I'm learning to let writers have their own voices. I think Alan was extremely good about letting people do what they did. And I think sometimes my response to pressure is to control more. He's a more seasoned showrunner. He knows when to trust, and I sometimes will just lock myself in a room and try to take more on. I especially miss him in editing, because he was really good at backing off from what was written and seeing what's there, and treating that as a rewrite. I miss him in that capacity. He was really, really strong that way.

After last season's shocking finale, would you say Bill has entirely lost his humanity at this point, or is there still hope for him?

I think there always has to be hope for him. But his arc during the season, in that first episode, he asks Jessica to make sure he doesn't lose it. He will. He does. But he will find his way back, because Bill has to be Bill. But that fight that's going on between the Bill part of Bill and the Lilith part of Bill, she will win for a little while.
653291, honestly cant wait. season 5 was the SHAT
Posted by araQual, Thu Jun-13-13 11:11 AM
V.
653307, I'm jazzed too!
Posted by spades, Thu Jun-13-13 01:35 PM
653497, oh yeah i'm back!
Posted by lfresh, Sat Jun-15-13 12:48 PM
just finished the series too?

folks were mad that that ending too

Charlaine Harris threatened by fans over final Sookie Stackhouse novel

http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2013/may/10/charlaine-harris-sookie-stackhouse-true-blood

"Death threats, suicide threats and more prosaic threats to cancel book orders have followed the publication of Charlaine Harris's final novel about the telepathic waitress Sookie Stackhouse this week, after the American novelist gave her bestselling series a romantic conclusion that not everyone was happy with."

sheesh people
~~~~
When you are born, you cry, and the world rejoices. Live so that when you die, you rejoice, and the world cries.
~~~~
You cannot hate people for their own good.
653555, So is we talking bout it?
Posted by spades, Mon Jun-17-13 11:45 AM
I can't believe this post count is so low. I LOVED the 'head bitch moment.'

That shit was awesome. I like the show of force my man Bill showed. Lastly, Pam hipping Tara on some real shit was nice.
653560, Deleted message
Posted by ZooTown74, Mon Jun-17-13 11:55 AM
No message
653562, Deleted message
Posted by spades, Mon Jun-17-13 12:01 PM
No message
653563, Deleted message
Posted by ZooTown74, Mon Jun-17-13 12:08 PM
No message
653564, Deleted message
Posted by spades, Mon Jun-17-13 12:14 PM
No message
653692, Da MIT I forgot!!!
Posted by lfresh, Mon Jun-17-13 09:20 PM

~~~~
When you are born, you cry, and the world rejoices. Live so that when you die, you rejoice, and the world cries.
~~~~
653571, So anyway, I liked last night's episode, even though it played out
Posted by ZooTown74, Mon Jun-17-13 12:33 PM
like someone coming in and hitting the reset button, especially with Bill and Sookie

Rutger Hauer IS Warlow! Surprised he was introduced so early...

Seems like Andy's got a brood of girls that are going to age rapidly, which isn't necessarily a new idea but I'm willing to see where it goes

THANK U BASED HBO FOR TITTIES FUCK ALCIDE WE DON'T CARE ABOUT HIS BARE ASS CHEST WE LIKE TITTIES

Everything is (still, seemingly) being set up for a full-out Human-Vampire war, which of course means that we'll get episodes with little-to-no action, which I'm fine with

Also, that pre-show interview shit with Retta was hella lame and I hope they never do that dumb shit again (and judging from the looks on some of the actor's faces, they feel the same way)...

_______________________________________________________________________________________
Im not posting in PTP
653573, Strong first episode
Posted by rjc27, Mon Jun-17-13 12:33 PM
not sure if I'm in love with the dude playing the Governor yet... it's not his acting, he just doesn't look the part to me...

the werewolf scene was dope

Andy's brood growing up quickly was a funny scene...

653576, Did I miss Tara & Pam hookin up last season?
Posted by jigga, Mon Jun-17-13 12:44 PM
Or was it just talked about?
653578, The kissed in the season finale.
Posted by spades, Mon Jun-17-13 12:53 PM
That was it.
653616, Pretty good start to the season........
Posted by Taye DiggumSmacks, Mon Jun-17-13 02:34 PM
...though they offed my baby before the opening credits rolled!! Bastards!!

They may have made up for it with Alcide's new gal though. She is NIIICCCE...

The relationship between Pam and Tara should be interesting. Both characters have worn their "I Don't Give A Fuck" masks for so long, to see them vulnerable was weird but refreshing, especially Pam. Things are changing between she and Eric, and she's having trouble adjusting...

I was disappointed in the introduction of new Bill. After he turned all Hellraiser-ish in the final episode last season, I was hoping we'd see a "Tear your soul apart" bloody path of destruction early on, to get a sense of how much of an ultimate threat he is. They turned him into the vampire Jean Grey/Phoenix with all those powers...Only to have him playing Daddy Dearest to Jessica? Ehhhh....I hope they don't stray away from Bloody Phoenix Billith...

(Him summoning Jessica was cool though)

I also didn't like the way Warlow was introduced, especially so early. It was too obvious. And Rutger Hauer's always been creepy, so you knew he was evil. lol

But aside from that, I'm all in for the new season.
653643, I agree.
Posted by spades, Mon Jun-17-13 04:05 PM
>...though they offed my baby before the opening credits
>rolled!! Bastards!!

IKR! I was SO upset.
>
>They may have made up for it with Alcide's new gal though. She
>is NIIICCCE...

Again, complete cosign, AND she bout it. Nigga done come up.
>
>The relationship between Pam and Tara should be interesting.
>Both characters have worn their "I Don't Give A Fuck" masks
>for so long, to see them vulnerable was weird but refreshing,
>especially Pam. Things are changing between she and Eric, and
>she's having trouble adjusting...
>

I totally disagree. I don't wanna she this shit. I LIKE Pam's IDGAF attitude, not to mention this this seems COMPLETELY forced. Although I do think Tara needs a lil' humanizing. :/ We'll see how this shit works out...

>I was disappointed in the introduction of new Bill. After he
>turned all Hellraiser-ish in the final episode last season, I
>was hoping we'd see a "Tear your soul apart" bloody path of
>destruction early on, to get a sense of how much of an
>ultimate threat he is. They turned him into the vampire Jean
>Grey/Phoenix with all those powers...Only to have him playing
>Daddy Dearest to Jessica? Ehhhh....I hope they don't stray
>away from Bloody Phoenix Billith...

Nah, I like that they walked him back a lil' give a lot more story room this way.
>
>
>I also didn't like the way Warlow was introduced, especially
>so early. It was too obvious. And Rutger Hauer's always been
>creepy, so you knew he was evil. lol

I was ok with it. You gotta think he's probably tied into the blood line. I would imaging he was coming to Bon Temps and once he got close just locked in on Jason. Also, you gotta think about HOW strong dude is. He's going to be the only credible threat to Billith. Shit's gonna be AWESOME!

653678, See, I think Pam's due for a change
Posted by Taye DiggumSmacks, Mon Jun-17-13 07:45 PM

>>
>
>I totally disagree. I don't wanna she this shit. I LIKE Pam's
>IDGAF attitude, not to mention this this seems COMPLETELY
>forced. Although I do think Tara needs a lil' humanizing. :/
>We'll see how this shit works out...
>

I like steely Pam too, but everyone else has had something dramatically affect them. I think eventually she has to be taken out of her comfort zone. she may be the second angriest person on the show after Tara...

>Nah, I like that they walked him back a lil' give a lot more
>story room this way.
>>
>>

I just don't want them to let it go to waste. They've introduced all-powerful characters in the past (the Maenad, Marnie/Antonia, Godric, Mab the Fairy Queen, The Fairy Elder) but with the exception of Russell, they're never really as powerful as advertised...Or rather, they haven't been used in a way that fully demonstrates their power, or the story weakens as the season progresses...Maybe it's a "be mindful of your audience" situation, and they don't want to take a chance on turning fans off to a fully evil Bill.

I did find it hilarious though how calm he was for the rest of the show, despite having everyone else running for their lives after they left the compound.

>I was ok with it. You gotta think he's probably tied into the
>blood line. I would imaging he was coming to Bon Temps and
>once he got close just locked in on Jason. Also, you gotta
>think about HOW strong dude is. He's going to be the only
>credible threat to Billith. Shit's gonna be AWESOME!
>
>

I was shocked there wasn't more of a build up to it. But I definitely see a showdown in the works between Bill and Warlow. Two super-powered vampires?? That's gonna be crazy.
653782, me too
Posted by lfresh, Tue Jun-18-13 03:13 PM

>Nah, I like that they walked him back a lil' give a lot more
>story room this way.

yeah its bill its a bit much
i need adjustment time
he does too lol

>>I also didn't like the way Warlow was introduced, especially
>>so early. It was too obvious. And Rutger Hauer's always been
>>creepy, so you knew he was evil. lol
>
>I was ok with it. You gotta think he's probably tied into the
>blood line. I would imaging he was coming to Bon Temps and
>once he got close just locked in on Jason. Also, you gotta
>think about HOW strong dude is. He's going to be the only
>credible threat to Billith. Shit's gonna be AWESOME!

rutger hauer!
rutger hauer...

this should be interesting

~~~~
~~~~
654274, A bit silly in spots, but another solid episode
Posted by Taye DiggumSmacks, Mon Jun-24-13 07:42 PM
Is ole' grimy Eric making a comeback?

Clearly ole' naive Sookie is back...

I was feeling for Jessica and her situation with Bill. Her prayer was a nice touch, albeit, a bit corny. I did chuckle though when she looked up after she was done, and he was still in his trance. The look on her face.....salty! lol

And I'm definitely thrown off by Rutger Hauer's role.
654323, That prayer was SO fucking touching.
Posted by spades, Tue Jun-25-13 10:47 AM
654315, Really like the direction so far
Posted by rjc27, Tue Jun-25-13 08:50 AM
very strong episode 2...

but damn, that Bill scene with the bloodwhore lady was the funniest ridiculous true blood moment ever possibly...

Jason was cracking me up all night too, the part where the grandpa was like "the gene skipped you" had me dyin

I'm not feeling turning alcide into a d-bag

654322, I was CRACKING UP at that scene...
Posted by Taye DiggumSmacks, Tue Jun-25-13 10:46 AM

>but damn, that Bill scene with the bloodwhore lady was the
>funniest ridiculous true blood moment ever possibly...
>

That was the poplock of death. I mean, I had a feeling she was going to die, but that was crazy. lol

>I'm not feeling turning alcide into a d-bag
>

Yeah, neither am I. But I do like that most of the main characters are having to step outside of their regular selves. It's like the audience is being challenged on who to trust now.
654451, ha!
Posted by lfresh, Wed Jun-26-13 11:08 AM

>Jason was cracking me up all night too, the part where the
>grandpa was like "the gene skipped you" had me dyin

yes!

~~~~
~~~~
654466, Yea.
Posted by Delaney, Wed Jun-26-13 02:41 PM
I was a bit skeptical @ first, but I'm into it. It still feels like something's missing tho.
654336, Governor's daughter will keep me watchin
Posted by jigga, Tue Jun-25-13 11:46 AM
654468, Lilith's minons were hilarious.
Posted by Delaney, Wed Jun-26-13 02:43 PM
Especially that one that was extra sassy w/ her walk. I loved that scene.
654767, snooze fest...
Posted by CyrenYoung, Mon Jul-01-13 01:00 PM
..that's pretty much how i'd describe the start of season 6

- eric's on the run with pam, tara, & the governor's daughter in tow
- billith's a power supreme vampire one minute, and an idiot the next
- any bellfleur is racin' to keep up with faerie seeds that sprout faster than rose vines
- sam's the hopeless romantic hick shifter that can't get right
- alcide gets all the pussy, but can't control his pack
- and sookie's still whinin' about bein' the most desirable (yet miserable) faerie of all

they've thrown a few new faces in the mix (namely rutger hauer, jurnee smollett-bell, & arliss howard), but none worthy of much at this point. honestly, this campy reign would be MUCH better if the writers ever managed to show consistency within this world they've created.

- why is bill askin' permission from anyone, when he can simply take what he needs/wants? esp after delivering lines like "..you're dead to me..."

admittedly, i chuckled heartily watchin' bill burst into flames only, to scream "..something's wrong!.. I DON'T UNDERSTAND!.."

the only thing anchoring this show right now is jessica. even in desperation, the depth & growth they've shown with her is entertaining.

*skatin' the rings of saturn*

..and miles to go before i sleep...
655184, Im enjoying the season, this has been the shows biggest problem
Posted by BigReg, Sun Jul-07-13 01:08 PM
>of much at this point. honestly, this campy reign would be
>MUCH better if the writers ever managed to show consistency
>within this world they've created.

It seems that pushing the plot forward through character development, the way they push the plot forward is by reshuffling the characters personality at will. Like, considering cool/calm under pressure Alcide's been for YEARS, why the fuck is he all asshole and roid raged out?

Or Bill's stupid turn into evil villain cult member last season out of nowhere, (at least this season as a Demon God it looks like they are making him struggle).

Id also say it's Eric on full on asshole leader swag mode that's saving this show also...Jessica's consistently been acting her ass off all throughout her characters career and the show doesn't deserve it, lol. Skarsgard's been putting in classic 80's action movie badass during his run and for the past few seasons he's been an important anchor.

also, LOL@ the governers daughter almost busting a nut off Eric's pillow talk.
655237, I agree about Jessica...
Posted by Taye DiggumSmacks, Mon Jul-08-13 03:16 PM
>
>
>...Jessica's consistently been
>acting her ass off all throughout her characters career and
>the show doesn't deserve it, lol.

I think her character's had the most growth and Deborah Ann Woll's been able to show a full range of acting chops. She's been on fire since her first appearance...
655265, Yup. She would be emmy nominated if it was a real show
Posted by BigReg, Mon Jul-08-13 10:41 PM
as it is now, she's just 'hot jailbait redhead', lol.

I hope she transitions out of the show well into a serious career, she deserves it.

>>
>>
>>...Jessica's consistently been
>>acting her ass off all throughout her characters career and
>>the show doesn't deserve it, lol.
>
>
>I think her character's had the most growth and Deborah Ann
>Woll's been able to show a full range of acting chops. She's
>been on fire since her first appearance...
>
655262, Kinda
Posted by lfresh, Mon Jul-08-13 10:31 PM

>
>It seems that pushing the plot forward through character
>development, the way they push the plot forward is by
>reshuffling the characters personality at will. Like,
>considering cool/calm under pressure Alcide's been for YEARS,
>why the fuck is he all asshole and roid raged out?
>

It's the role he's in as pack leader
I don't like it either frankly
He's too hawt to be an asshole like this

~~~~
~~~~
655264, That was nonsense grandma was spewing
Posted by BigReg, Mon Jul-08-13 10:39 PM
giving a speech about "Power corrupts" right after he won leadership (and they totally rewrote his character, lol.)

Dude spent his whole time trying to bring the pack to peace from the outside; it makes absolutely no sense for him to suddenly be running around like an idiot the second he can actually make some changes.

>It's the role he's in as pack leader
>I don't like it either frankly
>He's too hawt to be an asshole like this

Its one of the many times they've turned on the asshole or angel switch on a character to make them a antagonist or protagonist just to serve plot points. I wouldn't mind it if it was so sudden and out of character every time they pull it off on the show."Oh no, Lafayette's possessed! Oh No, Eric has Amnesia! Oh No, Tara got bit now she's evil vamp Tara! Goody two-shoes Bill has gone full cult member!" etc.
655281, but this happens in real life though
Posted by lfresh, Tue Jul-09-13 10:40 AM
>giving a speech about "Power corrupts" right after he won
>leadership (and they totally rewrote his character, lol.)
>
>Dude spent his whole time trying to bring the pack to peace
>from the outside; it makes absolutely no sense for him to
>suddenly be running around like an idiot the second he can
>actually make some changes.

like now
*doesn't look at obama*

ok he isnt corrupted
but power does change you
which frankly i dont think it did
he sent that hyper too eager to kill girl packing back to the house
hes trying to maintain control of the pack
he also thinks hes doing the right thing

i dont like it
and frankly he should be doing all this half naked if not just shirtless
and THATs my real point here
focus

>>It's the role he's in as pack leader
>>I don't like it either frankly
>>He's too hawt to be an asshole like this
>
>Its one of the many times they've turned on the asshole or
>angel switch on a character to make them a antagonist or
>protagonist just to serve plot points. I wouldn't mind it if
>it was so sudden and out of character every time they pull it
>off on the show."Oh no, Lafayette's possessed! Oh No, Eric
>has Amnesia! Oh No, Tara got bit now she's evil vamp Tara!
>Goody two-shoes Bill has gone full cult member!" etc.

you will take your soap opera character flipping and LIKE it Reg
enjoy the dang titties

oh wait there havent been any yet have there
damn sucks for yall

*enjoys jasons oily muscled pull ups and erics shirtless transform the governors daughter scene*
~~~~
~~~~
655293, Alcide's side piece has been pushing forward the jammers movement
Posted by BigReg, Tue Jul-09-13 11:43 AM
however the loss of Janina Gavankar?
*wipes tear*

>oh wait there havent been any yet have there
>damn sucks for yall
655219, That and Jessica is amazing to look at
Posted by crow, Mon Jul-08-13 11:03 AM
655214, Last night was 1 of the better ep's in years imo
Posted by rjc27, Mon Jul-08-13 08:08 AM
this season has great potential now in my eyes
655224, Yep.
Posted by Delaney, Mon Jul-08-13 12:04 PM
I hadn't REALLY been paying attention until last night's ep. I'm looking forward to next weeks. It kinda sucks that the season will be 1/2 way done then.
655235, lol @ "in years"
Posted by ZooTown74, Mon Jul-08-13 02:10 PM
*smh*

_______________________________________________________________________________________
Im not posting in PTP
655246, ?
Posted by rjc27, Mon Jul-08-13 06:19 PM
"over the past few seasons" make more sense? confused by the lol
655251, it was definitely the best episode this season
Posted by nipsey, Mon Jul-08-13 07:31 PM
I don't know about best in years though. This season has been sorely lacking.
655263, Get 'Im girl
Posted by lfresh, Mon Jul-08-13 10:33 PM
With your history of fuckin/fallin in love
I don't believe you though
You need more people

And bring rutger Hauer back dammit!
~~~~
~~~~
655297, This show is on its last legs..
Posted by jswerve386, Tue Jul-09-13 11:58 AM
Im starting to not give a shit about any of the characters.
655927, umpf
Posted by lfresh, Mon Jul-15-13 11:02 PM
concentration/internment spot

so only one fairy daughter survived?
i guess it was for the best i can't keep track of four

pam you are not going to kill your maker
stop now
~~~~
~~~~
655928, Renewed for season 7, btw
Posted by ZooTown74, Mon Jul-15-13 11:13 PM
As of this moment, Brian Buckner will remain on as showrunner

___________________________________________________________________________________________
But Zootown, black people and media, so...
655941, I'm still entertained
Posted by rjc27, Tue Jul-16-13 08:07 AM
so I'm good with it, I do think 7 should be it though

<< Started From The Bottom
655944, Why?
Posted by muzuabo, Tue Jul-16-13 09:30 AM
The new staff has breathed new life into the show. And I somehow think Sookie is getting turned into a fairy vamp this season. Maybe at the season finale.
655957, 7 seasons is a lot
Posted by rjc27, Tue Jul-16-13 10:56 AM
I hit a point with my shows where I want to see a conclusion, with True Blood I'm nearing that point, even though I like this season so far

655980, huzzah!
Posted by lfresh, Tue Jul-16-13 03:12 PM

~~~~
~~~~
655969, i'm tapping out
Posted by tex, Tue Jul-16-13 12:48 PM
i can't take it anymore, i'm thru

rosemary's babydaddy
655996, It's awful, but I'm sticking it out....
Posted by Frank Mackey, Tue Jul-16-13 06:39 PM
Been saying this for the past three seasons.
655981, oh and vampurs
Posted by lfresh, Tue Jul-16-13 03:14 PM
have really fast sex apparently
~~~~
~~~~
656029, I'm enjoying the hell out if this season. It has been hilarious nm
Posted by ImPerfectNick, Wed Jul-17-13 08:22 AM
656324, apparently, the whole world wants faerie pussy...
Posted by CyrenYoung, Mon Jul-22-13 12:00 AM
..but not even faerie pussy can save this series

the writers left this series paper thin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=B7E8dge7H8Y

656327, this show should have been over already...almost pathetic now..
Posted by Ink_Spot, Mon Jul-22-13 12:12 AM
656517, Too many "really?" moments this season
Posted by Darryl_Licke, Tue Jul-23-13 10:26 PM
The biggest is how over gay that he's beyond campy gay Lafeyette is now. he is reduced to a really gay line and a really tough line each episode.

Meh. I'm invested.
656578, The problem with his character
Posted by muzuabo, Wed Jul-24-13 02:40 PM
is that he's a medium/psychic/witch. Unfortunately all those roles are merely tools for other supernaturals mainly the vampires. In fact, witches are only really compelling when they are being persecuted.
656579, I'm completely bored to tears at this point.
Posted by Cold Truth, Wed Jul-24-13 02:52 PM
656827, lol @ these reactions. this shit is better than its ever been
Posted by araQual, Sat Jul-27-13 12:46 PM
i thought season 5 was a pretty awesome turnaround (and the best season of the show evar), but dude season 6 is pretty much topping it at this point.

Eric's "FANTASTICO!" line was a fuckn HOOT lol.

i believe the term "firing on all cylinders" is warranted here. cos this ish somehow went from near-unwatchable to some of the most entertaining shit on tv in the last two years.

but holy SHIT did they have to take Terry?? that was heartbreaking freal. shitty ending for him to have, then again no one on this show is getting a happy ending (mostly no one).

V.
656840, agreed
Posted by amplifya7, Sat Jul-27-13 03:50 PM
vampire experimentation center = dope
humans vs vamps war, humans built technology to actually be able to fight them = dope
warlow plotline = dope
vampire god bill kidnapping the inventor of true blood and engineering fae/vamp hybrid blood so all vamps will be able to daywalk = dope
jason infiltrating the vamp killing organization so he can free jess = good
andy belflurs daughters plotline = funny and good

basically all the plotlines with the vampires/humans/fairies are awesome

i could probably do without the current wolves/shifters/lafayette plotlines,
656929, in a world of monsters...
Posted by CyrenYoung, Mon Jul-29-13 03:46 AM
..this show is dying the worst death imaginable

656941, I feel like you guys are alone
Posted by muzuabo, Mon Jul-29-13 08:29 AM
in your disdain for this season.
656972, looking at the series as a whole...
Posted by CyrenYoung, Mon Jul-29-13 11:40 AM
..how can anyone debate how terrible the writing has been?

this show has its moments, but most of that is wasted by poor writing. *initially, i thought i was being too harsh on the show. for whatever reason, i almost forgot how campy this show is s'posed to be. i went back and gave it a chance based on that perspective. right now, even "campy" doesn't excuse the bullshit they've thrown into this series.

they've completely wasted solid acting by moyer, ellis, & skarsgard. i've given them props for solid storylines given to d. ann woll (jessica), and crack up with laughter anytime sherrif bellefleur is given screen time. they show signs of life with pam's storyline, only to have her make incredibly stupid decisions time & time again.

those few bright spots aren't enough to balance the hack-job they've done with the rest of the cast.

657086, The issue I'm having now is, after a good start...
Posted by Taye DiggumSmacks, Tue Jul-30-13 02:44 PM
...and setting up what appeared to be strong plot lines for each person.....right now, some of the characters don't seem to have much to do within their own story.

With only a couple of episodes left in the season, what have we really seen of Bill as a Vampire God? Or Warlow's quest for Sookie? Or Alcide as new pack master? Thus far, none of them are particularly interesting, especially Alcide's difficulty.

Outside of his gal Rikki constantly testing the limits of his rule, there hasn't been enough interaction with the other wolves to show Alcide's troubles as a pack master. Even the friction between he and Sam (who's been criminally wasted this season) over Emma feels unnecessary.

And they killed off my Sugah Boo LUNA, for Nicole? Jurnee Smollett is my girl, but her acting abilities have been wasted here as well. Luna was much more engaging.

And there's no need to discuss my disappointment of Bill Almighty. All of that power, and he's been nothing more than the "creepy neighbor next door/rapey guy at the end of the bar" type.

I do like the vampire detention center plot, including Sarah Newlin being back and now in charge. But I find it somewhat confusing that the vampires seem so beatdown and rather mild, considering their situation. I have to believe the humans should be having a much more difficult time keeping the vampires prisoner...
656943, this was actually the first "meh" episode for me
Posted by cgonz00cc, Mon Jul-29-13 09:00 AM
and i felt bad for Jason that Jess's one wish was for him to bring a vampire for her to fuck lol
656988, yup, I've enjoyed this season a lot, but last night was bland
Posted by rjc27, Mon Jul-29-13 01:34 PM
656991, I thought it was just me and the fact that I was barely paying attention
Posted by ZooTown74, Mon Jul-29-13 01:41 PM
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
657002, this MIGHT be the difference...
Posted by CyrenYoung, Mon Jul-29-13 02:47 PM
> I thought it was just me and the fact that I was barely paying attention

i live for the details. while i recognize and appreciate how ridiculously campy this show can be, what's the point of all the dialogue if they're not gonna bother to follow their own guidelines?

657109, This season has been terrible
Posted by nipsey, Tue Jul-30-13 08:33 PM
They don't know what to do with any of the characters. Especially Lafayette. Nelsan Ellis is horribly underused. Right now, the only characters I enjoy watching are Lafayette, Jason and Eric. Everyone else is "meh".
657039, Nicole...
Posted by lfresh, Mon Jul-29-13 10:38 PM
Put some damn clothes on
You too young for Sam

Alcide I knew you were having trouble with that pack
I want nice Alcide back...just kill that woman

Speaking of killing ...it's time for Sarah to go

And sookie I told you I didn't believe you
Still don't

Bill stop side eyein Andy's daughter

And Jessica woohoo dude is hawt

Dammnit Jason you should have killed Sarah when you had the chance
~~~~
~~~~
657145, Jason is RIGHT outside tho!!!!
Posted by spades, Wed Jul-31-13 11:56 AM
>
>And Jessica woohoo dude is hawt

She know that fool is sweet on her. How she gon do dude like that?

smh

He KNOWS too. You can tell he knows.
>
>Dammnit Jason you should have killed Sarah when you had the
>chance

Nah, Jason ain't built like that. Poor dude, he gon keep getting stepped on, cuz he's just too sweet to stop it when he sees it, and too damned dumb to recognize it before it's too late.

smh

I be feeling SO sorry for him sometimes...
657474, I would
Posted by lfresh, Tue Aug-06-13 12:28 AM

>
>I be feeling SO sorry for him sometimes...
>

But its basically karma comeuppance
Everyone one he's fucked ends up fucking him over
~~~~
~~~~
659787, How's this comeupence tho?
Posted by spades, Wed Sep-04-13 10:45 AM
For what? Fucking? Dude basically is a good natured poon hound. He ain't really never hurt nobody in his life. What's he supposed to do, put his dick in a drawer?
657415, lol, we ain't even trying no mo.
Posted by spades, Mon Aug-05-13 01:36 PM
My wife is SO sick of Sookie, it's down right hilarious. I can practically HEAR the eye-roll everytime she comes on screen.

For really tho - how sook gon be mad at Bill, cuz he ain't trippin off her no mo?

THEN go run to Sam, like, "I'm ready for you now' and be shocked he ain't checkin for her no mo?

SMH

How can she be SO trifling, SO entitled and SO cot-damned oblivious?!
657421, Sookie has been the worst thing about this show for 4 seasons now
Posted by John Forte, Mon Aug-05-13 01:57 PM
Last night's ep was one of the best of the seasons, though. It makes me hopeful that thy'll eventually right the ship.
657424, Sookie Stackhouse is too stupid to live
Posted by mrhood75, Mon Aug-05-13 02:44 PM
657472, And yet she's the energizer bunny of this shit
Posted by lfresh, Tue Aug-06-13 12:25 AM

~~~~
~~~~
657434, Bwahahahahahaaaahahahaaa!..
Posted by CyrenYoung, Mon Aug-05-13 05:24 PM
..this shit is hilarisad

bill is still a sad sack of shit for a vampire. he's currently king vamp, but can't manage to find warlow. on top of that, he keeps giving sookie a choice, instead of simply taking what he wants to ensure a future for his kind.

eric steps up, says fuck it, and does what bill WON'T do. he found warlow, got that mixed venom, and is now out for blood (lol).

pam, tara, & jessica have been reduced to basic grunts who can't stop gossiping enough to save their own lives.

alcide is a joke. dude couldn't lead ants to a picnic. his pack is pathetic.

and to top it off, poor sookie just can't get right. lol @ sam sayin' "fuck you" © cee-lo

at this point, there's no reason for me to continue dialogue about this show.

i'm done.

657475, REjected
Posted by lfresh, Tue Aug-06-13 12:31 AM
Bill Sam aaaaand technically Eric

Warlow who been wanting you since
Oh forever is down for the count

You right though they all just want to use you sook
Can't really blame you for hemming and hawing on what really aren't optimal choices

Jason you should have killed sarah
:(

Sam you still too damn old for that girl
~~~~
~~~~
657990, Soooooooo........No one's gonna mention "El Dicko Rippo"?
Posted by Taye DiggumSmacks, Mon Aug-12-13 03:29 PM

Good.

'Cuz I actually watched the rest of the episode curled up in a little ball. "You must protect ya' neck!!...And genitals!!..."

Question....Is the walking in the sun supposed to be an evolution of sorts for the vampires? Like is this supposed to set them up for walking around regularly during the day next season?

And Billith Christ was kind of a headscratcher. Why didn't Bill just free Jessica and the others, and have them hide somewhere in the building away from the daylight, at least until he closed the roof? Or was he performing vampire miracles?
658801, i laughed my ASS off just to keep from crying lol
Posted by araQual, Thu Aug-22-13 09:32 PM
holy crap.
then Bill's merciful head-stomping?
GRATUITOUS VIOLENCE OVERLOAD.
but thats kinda what this show does well.

V.
657996, wasted an entire ep on vamp liberation and a funeral...
Posted by CyrenYoung, Mon Aug-12-13 04:11 PM
..basically a bunch of vampires on killing sprees after being freed from purgatory

alcide's still chasin' faerie pussy, faeries are still incredibly stupid, and vampires are emotional wrecks.

658033, ...1st time I ever fast forwarded through an ep, lol.
Posted by Delaney, Mon Aug-12-13 08:41 PM
658134, ^^^Summed it up perfectly
Posted by nipsey, Tue Aug-13-13 05:21 PM
658807, freal? no love for Terry?
Posted by araQual, Thu Aug-22-13 10:03 PM
i get that it was a slow ep but i wasnt mad. they showed Terry to be deeply flawed but still the most loving n caring character in the whole damn series. twas a nice send-off and just sad as hell. hope they leave him in the ground tho.

>basically a bunch of vampires on killing sprees after being freed from purgatory.

simply describing what happens in an ep doesn't count as a valid criticism lol. try harder. and i dont even know WHY you keep watching man, u dont seem to be enjoying the series one bit from jump. why not ditch?

V.
658158, Should of had Jason blow that broads brains out
Posted by ShinobiShaw, Tue Aug-13-13 11:50 PM
During that guys funeral song they set it up nicely with the song and Jason lecturing that chick. If they would of had him blow her brains out shattering the back window of the SUV and him screaming his rage out I would of declared this the best show on TV right on the spot.

http://soundcloud.com/djshinobishaw
http://www.rareformnyc.com
http://twitter.com/DJShinobiShaw
https://twitter.com/RareFormNYC
PSN: ShinobiShaw

"Arm Leg Leg Arm How you doin?" (c)T510
658159, Will petition for a spinoff featuring
Posted by ShinobiShaw, Tue Aug-13-13 11:59 PM
Jessica, Jason, Pam, Sheriff Belfour, Lafayette, Lafayette's dead boyfriend, and Eric

everyone else can die in a fire.

http://soundcloud.com/djshinobishaw
http://www.rareformnyc.com
http://twitter.com/DJShinobiShaw
https://twitter.com/RareFormNYC
PSN: ShinobiShaw

"Arm Leg Leg Arm How you doin?" (c)T510
658447, bwahahahahahaaaaaaaa!..
Posted by CyrenYoung, Mon Aug-19-13 03:16 PM
..HAHAHAAHAHAAhahahahahahahahahaaaaa!

all that?

ALL THAT?

and eric perishes while sun-bathing on a snowcapped mountain?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHahahahaahhhaahahhaahaaaa!

658475, Lol Women everywhere are PISSED over Eric.
Posted by Taye DiggumSmacks, Mon Aug-19-13 05:37 PM
My FB timeline was littered with statuses of "This is horrible" and "I'm never watching True Blood again"...

I was cracking the fuck up when he started burning. Obviously he's going to be saved, I'm guessing by Pam. But it made for one of the few interesting moments on the finale, along with Sam's new status (WTF) and Tara and her mother. Everything else was blah.

And when I saw Sookie and Alcide, I just looked at the screen like:

http://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com/phillyburbs.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/f/ab/fab8b313-f2d2-52db-838d-a0a47c564aa9/4e30db7ec568d.preview-300.gif
658488, they still have alcide...
Posted by CyrenYoung, Mon Aug-19-13 07:32 PM
..eric really hasn't been the male review for female fans for the past 2 seasons.

i'm not sure how much of a cliff hanger that mountain top scene is s'posed to be. how can pam save him from the daylight when she's exposed just like him? sure, they could have them take shelter in a cave, but that just makes the writing of this show even weaker than it already is.

shuffling the deck on the cast is ridiculous.

mayor sam (with a baby on the way)?

tara making peace with her triflin'-ass mother? (LET ME FEED YOU!)

that ENTIRE "feeding" compromise?

the hoard of vamps descending on bon temps?

bwahahahahaahhahaaa.... this is HILARISAD

lfresh is prob'ly rockin' herself to sleep about eric, though

658725, Interview with showrunner Brian Buckner
Posted by j0510, Wed Aug-21-13 09:57 PM
TVLINE | Alexander Skarsgard — will he be back for Season 7?

I can tell you that Alexander Skarsgard is going to be a part of the next season of True Blood. He will be a series regular.

TVLINE | That will be a huge relief to fans.

I am aware! I’m not going to take Alex Skarsgard out of people’s living rooms.

TVLINE | I’m guessing Eric won’t suddenly be alive and well in the Season 7 premiere.

No. That would be a cheat, wouldn’t it? That would be an incredible cheat. Pam has gone off in search of Eric, and maybe she’s going to be the one to find him, y’know?

http://tvline.com/2013/08/20/alexander-skarsgard-leaving-true-blood-eric-death-nude/
658779, reply #85
Posted by CyrenYoung, Thu Aug-22-13 05:05 PM

658497, RE: Finale
Posted by amplifya7, Mon Aug-19-13 08:08 PM
So...the Hep V vampires are descending on Bon Temps to fuck things up...but...don't Hep V vampires die within like 1-2 days? Didn't Eric's sister die after like a day and was completely weakened after less than a day? How is that a threat at all?

lol @ eric
658711, viruses mutate
Posted by muzuabo, Wed Aug-21-13 07:13 PM
That part is actually fairly clever.
658726, Interview with showrunner Brian Buckner
Posted by j0510, Wed Aug-21-13 10:02 PM
TVLINE | How do you explain the fact that some of those infected — Nora, for example — died quickly, yet others are wandering around.

We did say that the virus had mutated, and we get to decide what those mutations are. Perhaps the demand for human blood goes up and that’s the only thing that keeps vampires with Hep V alive. In seasons past – I’m not going to point to any one of them – we took some massive swings, not knowing where we were going. That’s the nature of what we do. In this case, I don’t believe we bit off more than we can chew. I’m not going to give answers to all these things, but the virus has mutated. That’s another reason for the time passage. Just like bacteria mutates and that’s why there are antibiotic-resistant strains. So what applied to Nora doesn’t necessarily apply to this gang. And they’re not zombies.

TVLINE | What are they? Is there a name for them?

In my somewhat limited zombie-genre experience, zombies are not organized. They’re just hunting-killing machines. So what was meant to come across there was that they’re organized, they’re in a formation, they’re hunting, they’re sentient, they can talk. They still have intellect.

TVLINE | There was definitely a Walking Dead vibe in that last scene. Was there any concern that people were going to look at that and go, “Ah, they’re jumping on the zombie bandwagon?”

Sure. Of course, it was a debate in the writers’ room. The logical conclusion to a season about Hep V getting out there in the world has to be there’s Hep V-infected vampires… but we’re not going to do The Walking Dead season of True Blood. Truthfully, all of this is about forcing humans and vampires into relationships. It’s not going to be a plot device the way people are familiar with us introducing a Big Bad at the end of a season.

http://tvline.com/2013/08/20/alexander-skarsgard-leaving-true-blood-eric-death-nude/
659790, Translation: We're making it up as we go.
Posted by spades, Wed Sep-04-13 10:46 AM
lol, got it.
659793, *smh*
Posted by ZooTown74, Wed Sep-04-13 10:51 AM
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
658526, You would think a 500 or 1000 year old vamp...
Posted by Mau777, Tue Aug-20-13 09:17 AM
...would have their emotional shit together. These bats are hella highschool.

This show is dumb as fuck but I still watch.
---
If you release what is within u, what u release will save you. If you do not release what is within u, what u do not release will destroy u.

www.pitchblackgold.bandcamp.com
658527, Can we all agree *SPOILER*
Posted by John Forte, Tue Aug-20-13 09:19 AM

That Tara's mom infected her?
658724, ikr?
Posted by SoWhat, Wed Aug-21-13 09:43 PM
i bet she did.
658727, Interview with showrunner Brian Buckner
Posted by j0510, Wed Aug-21-13 10:07 PM
TVLINE | Are you looking at Season 7 as a reset of sorts for Bill?

Absolutely. We don’t want Bill to be an a—hole. Whereas the show that I love watching most right now, Breaking Bad, Walter White is on a downward trajectory with the consequences of his actions. The question we’re going to be asking this coming season is: Can Bill be forgiven? Because he made his intentions clear. One thing that I noticed – and I probably shouldn’t read as much as I’ve been reading, but I have been, in terms of audience reaction – is the idea that characters can’t change. I will put to bed one thing for you: this idea that Lettie Mae is trying to poison Tara? It’s absurd. That is genuine. And I realize that on our show, because it’s been so incredibly plot-driven for the past several years, you insert a Big Bad and then have the characters react in the way we expect them to react. That’s sort of what’s been going on. When we let characters change, when we let the show be character-driven, I think people don’t know what to do with that. So with Lettie Mae and Tara, not to say that everything is going to go great, but the conflict is not going to be she’s poisoning Tara. By the same token, I think Bill doesn’t have a trick up his sleeve this time. I think he’s genuine. The real question is about forgiveness.

658791, I'm glad to read that, because that was seriously
Posted by amplifya7, Thu Aug-22-13 08:58 PM
fucked up to watch, I definitely thought she was infecting her
659174, oh phew
Posted by lfresh, Mon Aug-26-13 08:31 PM

>can’t change. I will put to bed one thing for you: this idea
>that Lettie Mae is trying to poison Tara? It’s absurd. That is
>genuine. And I realize that on our show, because it’s been so
>incredibly plot-driven for the past several years, you insert
>a Big Bad and then have the characters react in the way we
>expect them to react. That’s sort of what’s been going on.
>When we let characters change, when we let the show be
>character-driven, I think people don’t know what to do with
>that. So with Lettie Mae and Tara, not to say that everything
>is going to go great, but the conflict is not going to be
>she’s poisoning Tara. By the same token, I think Bill doesn’t
>have a trick up his sleeve this time. I think he’s genuine.
>The real question is about forgiveness.
>
>http://tvline.com/2013/08/20/alexander-skarsgard-leaving-true-blood-eric-death-nude/

because yes i was 50/50 on her doing that

~~~~
~~~~
659786, Wow, that shit NEVER occured to me.
Posted by spades, Wed Sep-04-13 10:43 AM
I figured she was just FINALLY trying to get right.
658812, One of the worst season finales I've ever seen
Posted by icecold21, Thu Aug-22-13 10:33 PM
This show is such a joke.

I don't think anyone gives a fuck anymore. Writing is awful, acting is awful, editing is awful...everything about this show is just atrocious.

I can't believe they have a whole nother season of this shit. I really hope it's the last one, because I still feel obligated to keep watching being this deep into it.
658837, u wouldnt be watchng it if there wasnt sumthn u still liked bout it
Posted by araQual, Fri Aug-23-13 01:32 AM
is none of it entertaining?
or is this show sposed to be on Breaking Bad levels of awesomeness?

V.
658851, See y'all niggas next season!
Posted by ZooTown74, Fri Aug-23-13 09:04 AM
____________________________________________________________________________________________
659707, ... which will be the final season (swipe)
Posted by ZooTown74, Tue Sep-03-13 02:11 PM
We know, we know, "hallelujah!/about damn time!/they ran out of gas/it had gotten really ridiculous," etc.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/03/true-blood-ending-season-7-last-hbo_n_3861430.html

>'True Blood' Ending In 2014: Season 7 Will Be The Last

The Huffington Post | By Chris Harnick
Posted: 09/03/2013 2:10 pm EDT | Updated: 09/03/2013 2:27 pm EDT

"True Blood" is ending. HBO announced the vampire drama will sign off in 2014 with Season 7 being the show's last.

“'True Blood' has been nothing short of a defining show for HBO," Michael Lombardo, president of programming at HBO, said in a statement. "Alan Ball took the books by Charlaine Harris, assembled a brilliant cast led by the magnificent Anna Paquin in the role of Sookie Stackhouse, and crafted a show that has taken its many devoted fans on an Unforgettable journey. Alan passed the baton to Brian Buckner, who led our fantastic writers and crew in crafting a spectacular sixth season, and he will lead us through the seventh and final season of this amazing show. Together with its legions of fans, it will be hard to say goodbye to the residents of Bon Temps, but I look forward to what promises to be a fantastic final chapter of this incredible show."

The series based on Charlaine Harris' Sookie Stackhouse novels has been a ratings hit for HBO. Over the years, the ensemble cast of "True Blood" anchored by Anna Paquin, Stephen Moyer and Alexander Skarsgard has grown to include Anna Camp, Joe Manganiello and more. Alan Ball created the series before handing over the reins to Brian Buckner.

“From the moment I read Charlaine’s books, I thought there was potential for something really special," Ball said in a statement. "Then our amazing writers, cast and crew brought her world to life in a way that exceeded my wildest expectations. I’m deeply grateful to HBO for being true partners and collaborators, and, of course, to the viewers who chose to spend Sunday nights in Bon Temps with us."

Buckner took over as showrunner for "True Blood" Season 6.

"I feel enormously proud to have been a part of the 'True Blood' family since the very beginning," Buckner said in a statement. "I guarantee that there’s not a more talented or harder-working cast and crew out there, and I’d like to extend a personal heartfelt thanks to them for their dedication and tenacity over the years, especially this past year, as I stepped into a larger role. Thank you also to HBO for their unwavering support and of course to Alan Ball, whose genius enabled all of us to share in this incredible journey. Finally, a huge thank you to the most passionate fans in television. As we take a final walk through Bon Temps together, we will do our very best to bring Sookie’s story to a close with heart, imagination and, of course, fun."

For the show's last season, expect a more back to the basics type of story. Buckner told The Hollywood Reporter that relationships between vampires and humans will take center stage once again.

"It was my absolute goal and objective was to narrow the number of separate stories we're telling," Buckner told THR. "That's why we're doing for every human, a vampire, for every vampire a human, because now we get to focus on the characters and the relationships. The original promise of the show was, if vampires exist, what do the relationships between humans and vampires look like? And that was Sookie and Bill. And now we have this whole town of characters we're invested in, and we get to look at how the pairings, and what those pairing will do to the relationships people are already in. All of it is about trying to get back to the more entangled romances and soapy-ness that the first season had."

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
659710, This last season wasn't "good", but damned if it wasn't entertaining
Posted by John Forte, Tue Sep-03-13 02:21 PM
unlike, say, Dexter.
659712, Charlaine did end the book season
Posted by lfresh, Tue Sep-03-13 02:30 PM
i'm really surprised it lasted this long though

i really didn't think folks were ready for this type of show
glad most were able to hang in there
~~~~
~~~~
659773, this has me anticipating next season
Posted by rjc27, Wed Sep-04-13 09:21 AM
because we will finally have a season that when death is threatened, we know they may actually follow through...

@rob_starrk
659791, I'll save a spot for you on the couch.
Posted by spades, Wed Sep-04-13 10:47 AM