Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectWhat's the problem with that?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=649617&mesg_id=650837
650837, What's the problem with that?
Posted by blueeclipse, Tue May-21-13 02:30 AM
What's the problem with being "attached" to something and respecting it? They don't give a fuck about me being objective here.

Me being objective is walking in expecting there to be some continuity and some substance that lets me know I'm sitting in a Star Trek movie and not some wack fuckin redux.

It's not just the fact that it's redone that is pissing me off with these movies......it's the blatant disregard for the Star Trek ethos and any kind of attention to detail when it comes to the structure of the "universe" that has been built over the last 40+ years.

I find it really telling and kind of pathetic that people aren't more willing to call this what it is if they know better. They are so passive about seeing some big budget makeover for this shit that they are cool with the essence of the franchise being shitted on.

This is the problem with a lot of stuff nowadays. People are not willing to take a stand for something. They can throw all the money they want at this and sensationalize it but until they actually sit down and actually pay attention to what Star Trek was and can still be then they will be doing a disservice to one of the most important science fiction franchises in our history. These scripts are really bad and you can tell these writers didn't give a fuck about going back and researching this material before they wrote these movies.

It's sad that we don't even ask for more than this out of one our really beloved franchises.

I've never been a person to sit idly and just let myself accept something that I KNOW could be done better and should be. I'm sorry that it's easy for some people. That's fine. I'm not telling anyone not to go see this.....but I am telling them that I don't care for it and I'm giving them specific reasons.