Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectok so u r saying this movie was boring to you
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=649617&mesg_id=650754
650754, ok so u r saying this movie was boring to you
Posted by lexx3001, Mon May-20-13 02:21 PM
but then you said that JJ found old star trek movies boring. I am writing with no snark, I honestly truly must not "get" what the star trek aesthetic is all about. I tried watching the old films, shows etc and I don't get it. You speak of exploration and explanation, but when I watch older films, all i see is focused stories that move at a very slow pace. I am not ruling out that I'm missing something, i most likely am, but I GET what JJ was doing with this. And I agree with him. what I don't get is people jumping to criticize so quickly that its not the same. OF COURSE it isnt the same. How can it be? its a different vision, different cast, different writers. And im ok with that, its an art form where one defines their own expression rather than trying to copy another. Look at james bond. Even a film with such dry standards and minimal changes in its feel in its entire run managed to step out of bounds. People seem to have a hard time to adapt to the changes (i am guilty of that regarding some other franchises) but honestly, these last 2 treks breathed much needed life into the franchise. Maybe you don't llike where it went, and maybe you are right to do so, since i clearly don't understand, but for me and people like myself. of whom there are many, this was a very intriguing look into the universe that might have me just curious enough to look more into its history