Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectWay to contradict yourself.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=646628&mesg_id=658190
658190, Way to contradict yourself.
Posted by SoulHonky, Wed Aug-14-13 12:49 PM
My post that you responded to opened with, "I get why some people might like the movies I don't, like Elysium. I'm not saying they are movies that everyone must hate. But I'm also not going to pretend that many of these films aren't flawed to the point of distraction for me."

You responded by saying I was focusing on the wrong things and the problems I had with the films weren't really problems and that my different read was invalid and that I was "saying nothing".

Now all of a sudden you're saying you just "read differently" and I focused on things you don't give a shit about... which is EXACTLY what I referenced in the quote above. Now all of a sudden "read differently" is OK even though "read differently" was the entire thing you were criticizing me for.

Maybe it's not an act. Maybe you are just self-absorbed and blinded by your own opinion and incapable of admitting that movies you like might have flaws that could bother other people. Maybe you can't understand why people might discuss these flaws on a movie message board. I tend to think that you aren't an egotistical idiot like that but, well, maybe that's where I'm wrong.