Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectCaught an early screening of this a few months back.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=646628&mesg_id=646693
646693, Caught an early screening of this a few months back.
Posted by spades, Wed Apr-10-13 01:18 PM
They were testing some things out. I won't spoil anything I will say this; even in the advanced stages some of them were in, the FX looked amazing. Lots of action, plenty of humor (oddly enough) and the film definitely makes you think, as did District 9, and as does most good sci-fi. This is definitely a critique of our current 'system' and where the author sees it going, should you play it out to it's natural conclusion.

On the bad side:

The story's A LITTLE preposterous and there are definitely some 'Amazing white man' moments. Frankly the whole films is on some 'Amazing White man' shit. Also, the vision of the future was, for me, a little insulting - I'ma leave it at that.

In summation:

I gotta say, I enjoyed it and will likely see it again, just to see the finishing touches and what it looks like in it's finished product. Also, I wanna see if they took some of the story notes I gave them. (prolly not)

Damon was good in this, as was his love interest. The villian is good, a little hammy, but definitely menacing. Foster too, puts in a pretty great performance.

Anyway, that's my two cents.