Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectListen, shockingly, I liked this shit. A lot, actually.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=637990&mesg_id=655475
655475, Listen, shockingly, I liked this shit. A lot, actually.
Posted by ZooTown74, Thu Jul-11-13 01:38 AM
I'm pinching myself as I type this, but this is hands down, Harmony Korine's best movie

It being a relatively-straightforward narrative helped

And the fact that he aped just about every visual from Hype Williams (and Little X, let's not forget him)

Even though the narrative is relatively linear, it still plays like a weed-induced dream. Or the fever fantasy of two young ladies who believe they're badasses and do shit like draw pictures of dicks and pretend to suck them while bored in class. Or stick guns with silencers in James Franco's mouth and has him fellate them. Or dance in a circle of shotguns with their girl as Franco sings a Britney Spears song. And those that they deem to be not badass are put on a bus and sent back home. Pretty interesting take on the female empowerment story to me.

Franco was quite good. The scene where he talks softly to Selena Gomez was crucial to his character, and was perfectly acted.

Vanessa Hudgens... see, I'm conflicted. Part of me was quite annoyed with her performance, like it was all "ooh, look at me calculatingly subverting my good girl image since the 'leaked' nekkid pics didn't really do it"... but, and I'm sorry for being crude here, some of the slo-mo shots of her walking away from the camera... fam...

There was an awful lot of nudity in this jawn... make of that what you will but I have no complaints...

And I think the Cliff Martinez/Skrillex score also helped a great deal.

Also, Gucci!

Fuck it, I would eagerly pay for a chopped-and-screwed version of this.

________________________________________________________________________________________
Im not posting in PTP