Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectYeah, just because you can change the status quo...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=635975&mesg_id=636229
636229, Yeah, just because you can change the status quo...
Posted by mrhood75, Wed Jan-02-13 07:49 PM
...doesn't make it a good idea to do so, whether you've been planning it for 100 issues or not.

>just that the status quo before long was restored.
>
>this is comics.

Which is why lots of long-time comic book fans see this and roll their eyes. C'mon dude, you know that comic book fans aren't complaining on the Internet just because Doc Ock is now Spider-Man; it's because they've seen this movie 20,000 times and 19,990 times it has blown goats. If you follow history, despite any strong opening issues, the vast majority of these things start to suck rather quickly. So people can't exactly say, "Well, give it a chance!" without acknowledging that there isn't exactly a good track record for this type of thing.

>and, with all due respect, mrhood
>
>have you been reading dan slott's spider-man?

I leaf throguh it on the stands. I still stand by my "I'm not buying Spider-Man post BND" pledge, but I occasionally look through the issues while I'm in the store. I'll say the same thing I always have, best BND, nothing's been done that's exactly blowing the doors off the hinges.

Was Spider Island that good?