Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectYou're missing my point
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=628056&mesg_id=650095
650095, You're missing my point
Posted by Dae021, Tue May-14-13 09:33 AM
I explained it better on situation podemy (wink wink) and higher up in this post.

The Dave and Alex relationship puts the two weakest characters in constant interaction with eachother. So one third of your show tends to lag behind when usually those two are split up with other stronger characters or just in a group setting. Jane and Brad as a couple work because their dynamic is so good and DWJ physical comedy is always top notch. Casey Wilson was less felt in certain parts of this season. Her physical comedy is right up there with DWJ. Max is incredible and can play off of anyone. Dave and Alex are sort of add ons.

Alex has some great moments, but Dave is the weakest character.

It took them out of the group enough so that it makes some of the episodes feel like the characters are moving towards something that as writers they decided wasn't good for the show in the first season. Those first 6 episodes of the show were so bad and out of touch with the rest of the show they only showed the first 2 and then ran the rest of the season, and then ran 3-6 after the show already garnered a strong following. Whenever those two have a love interest thing going it takes away from the group dynamic as a whole.

I loved this show, and was one of its biggest supporters but to act like it didn't start to feel desperate is wrong. The Zany got SO zany so fast. I hope it finds another home because i'll watch, but if not this was a really good show that will be missed.