Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectYou have a problem.... seriously.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=627938&mesg_id=700896
700896, You have a problem.... seriously.
Posted by CaptNish, Thu Jul-23-15 11:13 PM
It ain't that deep. It was an Avenger watching the perimeter. The only other likely person to do so (Hawkeye) "quit" to go back to his family. Be mad Falcon is kinda a weak character in general since inception, but to be like "Why Ant Man gotta piece up a black super hero?" in this situation makes me feel sad that you can't enjoy an enjoyable scene.

Me? I'm happy Falcon got some shine here. First, it felt like a comic cameo, the likes of which we haven't seen them take advantage of yet. That was essentially the two page cameo joke that makes the universe feel real. And secondly (to me), it makes Falcon that much more of an important character as it shows that they are willing to use him across properties and that they find him to be recognizable enough that they wanted him to be the thing to tie a seemingly independent Marvel film to the greater universe. Including the decision to use him in the last few weeks in TV ads to bolster the box office when they started feeling like it wasn't going to perform up to standards.

I'm not trying to discredit your feelings. That's how you feel and I respect that. I'm just saying, looking at the greater picture, I can't see how that would be what you focus on.