Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectJust got back from a screening, my thoughts
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=589028&mesg_id=591630
591630, Just got back from a screening, my thoughts
Posted by Y2Flound, Tue Dec-13-11 10:04 PM
I'm no deep movie critic, but some initial thoughts.

1. They seem to be marketing this as funnier than it is meant to be, I expected a more lighthearted movie. Not slapstick but more of just a girl being funny and dumb trying to break up a couple unsuccessfully.

2. Like most people say there isn't much to it. Charlize was very good, Patton was pretty good, especially for a stand up comedian and not a normal actor for a role like this. Everyone else was kind of useless.

3. One thing that really bothered me is why even have the kiss? At the end when we find out the wife was the one pushing the husband to invite her it seems hat she really trusted him and felt sorry for her. The whole movie everyone keeps talking about what a good guy he is, but he (drunkenly) kissed his ex girlfriend and it is never addressed again. Not even a "that was a mistake" thrown in just to tie it up. Why not just have them maybe get close and then the babysitter come out?

4. I liked the end, the combo of her still basically being a bit crazy, but also showing that there will always be people who will kiss a person like her's ass and build her back up. Girls like that will always be insecure and a bit crazy, but they will always be ok and admired because they are white, pretty and privileged. At least thats how I took it.