Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectFantastic.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=583142&mesg_id=597266
597266, Fantastic.
Posted by denny, Sat Jan-28-12 08:23 PM
Loved it. Wasn't expecting it to have a strong comedic thing happening. Cronenberg is really on a roll imo....the last 3 films he's done represent the best period of his career.

I did pause the movie a couple times....there were parts when I wanted the story to slow down. So many nuances to follow....gonna have to see it again.

Need to qualify my observations cause I have very little background knowledge in psychoanalysis....but it definitely felt that Cronenberg was making a sort of tragic comedy here....or at least pointing out the tragic comedy in the events. The 'experts' of 'psychic health' thrown into a tabloidesque sex scandal. Emmersed in the very behavior they seek to cure. For all their rationalization and analysis....they still behave the same way that everyone else does.

I sense that Cronenberg is accusing them of being unknowingly fraudulant. Except for Freud....he's perfectly aware.