Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectLoved It.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=564033&mesg_id=572957
572957, Loved It.
Posted by jane eyre, Sat Jul-16-11 07:53 PM
But. I think I'm still on a high from the whole movie watching experience. I saw DH2 on IMAX.

The Voldy-Harry showdown really worked for me. That's what I was in my seat for-- to see evil's butt get kicked.

I felt like I got an emotional pay-off with the whole good-vs.-evil narrative. That was satisfying. Right the universe for me, make all well, rally to defeat evil after an epic journey/quest and I'm a happy camper.

I needed to *see* Harry do away with Tom Riddle.

Of course, I can't say anything about HP without wringing my hands @ JK Rowling and the narrative choices she makes in the book/movie versions of the series.

*Wringing of hands begins here*

I pretty much agree with the comments that people have made about what could've been better, or what they could've been done differently. All valid. There's more to be said...I'm sure folks will say the more.

One thing that bothered me, though:

There were some scenes that should've had a bigger emotional impact, but didn't. They fell flat. Maybe because a number of characters weren't used very well to justify whatever feelings the viewing audience was supposed to be having about them.

The Ron-Hermione Harry-Ginny kissing scenes were awful. The timing of them was bad. I thought there was abysmal chemistry between the characters when they kissed. I actually would've been okay if the couples hadn't locked lips. Usually, I think that HP movies are better than HP books. The movies cover up a 1,000 sins that Rowling commits in print. I thought the book did a far better job of expressing the romance stuff.

Mrs. Weasley giving Bellatrix the old not-my-daughter-heave-ho was a let down, too. Odd display of emotion, I thought.