Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectNo.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=545279&mesg_id=571795
571795, No.
Posted by Ryan M, Tue Jul-05-11 05:36 PM
And if it works for him, more power to you. You're worth whatever someone's willing to pay. I happily donate, support the app, and use his promo codes when buying from his sponsors.

I don't agree with a streaming service that doesn't allow you to download the episodes, though. $2/each podcast to download is kinda crazy, IMO. He should do what Carolla did - releasing a 2 DVD set of high quality digital files for like $40 of the first "season" (say the first 50-75 episodes or something) and that would be amazing and worth the price.

But again, if his model is working...then good for him. I just don't care to pay THAT much for it.

EDIT: Also, This American Life, which is hugely popular and more expensive to produce gets by with an app for a one time cost to stream EVERY episode. I don't NEED to download it, but if I'm paying a per month cost, then I should be able to. I don't always have reception to listen to the streamable episodes.