Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectIn my opinion it is a Masterpiece!!!...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=534971&mesg_id=554552
554552, In my opinion it is a Masterpiece!!!...
Posted by Brownsugar, Sun Feb-13-11 12:23 PM
I didn't get to see it at the theatre, (really glad that I did not!!!) Tyler Perry put his foot in this one...He chose top of the line actors and actresses and everyone of them played their parts to the ultimate. I was always curious about the play but never did get to see it and really had no idea what Colored Girls was really about. This movie showed the gross realities of events that can happen in anyone's life...Not just colored girls. I am sure that all races of women can relate to some of the events in this movie in a very touching way, including myself.

This movie showed very gross realities of life. I saw nothing funny about anything in this movie. There was three scenes in this movie that was very hard for me to watch...I won't get into any names of the actors or characters that they played but, the scene where the daddy dropped those two babies out of the window, the New Jack City style abortion scene, and the booty rape scene was too much!!! I really wanted to stop watching this movie after the dad dropped those kids out of the window. I did watch it all the way to the end because I didn't want anybody telling me, "You should have finished watching the movie, it had a happy ending". There was not a happy ending and if I had really known that the movie was going to turn out the way that it did, I never would have watched it period. I love comedy movies and movies with happy endings.

I have to tip my hat to Tyler Perry on this one and I think he should take the Oscar award home with him, but I have no intentions of ever watching it again. Maybe it's just me but the realities of this movie was very harsh and scarry for me. I watched this movie a few days ago and still haven't gotten over it. I have watched a lot of scarry, horror movies and out of all of the horror movies that I have ever seen they have never had the mental impact on me that this movie had...I tip my hat to Tyler Perry, yes in my opinion, Colored Girls is his best work yet :-) :-) :-) !!!

♥ :+ BROWN' IZ AROUN' :7 !!! :+ ♥