Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectI feel like you've answered your own question
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=524877&mesg_id=524887
524887, I feel like you've answered your own question
Posted by Ted Gee Seal, Wed Jun-30-10 05:21 PM
I mean yeah it's cool, Michelle Yeoh will always have a special place in the heart as being fearless to the point where she couldn't be insured (I believe at the time only Jackie Chan and Jet Li).

But at the same time, insurance, the market for stunt doubles, some of the things you mentioned, it all feels like a lot of economics standing in the way of such a talent being a long term, viable way for big actors to conduct themselves.

At the same time I wonder how much more I'd enjoy action sequences in movies like the Matrix if the actors involved actually had a decent aptitude for those sorts of scenes. But at the same time the likes of Jason Statham aren't versatile or plentiful enough to be in all those movies.

It must be hard to divide ones time between working on being a good actor and being a good athlete who can be convincing in stunts and fight scenes. I imagine one or all of those talents have to suffer in some way if you're going to try to keep them all.

Tom Cruise isn't exactly someone I go to see for his acting skills.