Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectRE: This occured to me, as well:
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=513136&mesg_id=513310
513310, RE: This occured to me, as well:
Posted by lonesome_d, Mon Apr-12-10 03:35 PM
>I asked the dude if he had any copies of the volume-one
>"Justice League of America" on hand (as in: satellite-JLA, not
>JLA Detroit).

I thought volume one was Happy Harbor?

>Bendis is stinking up
>the game).

I'm not a big fan, but I've enjoyed most of Powers, and by all accounts his Daredevil run is masterful, even if attorneys talk like teenagers throughout.

That said, I dropped most of his Avengers titles.

>Where are the big-ass Treasury Editions of "Hulk" and "Doctor
>Strange"?

Any shop should have the 'Essentials' from Marvel and the 'Showcases' from DC. I'm under the impression that they're still relatively good sellers. I've gotten Essential Hulk and Essential X-Men and Essential Spider-Man out of my library at various times.

>"Haven't seen one of those in years--but here's a
>'Giant-Size New Exiles'".

never heard of it.

>Really, man?
>
>Now I just sound old and bitter, but really? "Marvel Zombies"?
>"Marvel Pets"? REALLY?

A lot of people loved the earlier Marvel Zombies; latest edition is written by Fred Van Lente who's pretty much aces in my book. I haven't read any of them, but I certainly don't object to it in principal - a Marvel multiverse where a zombie plague in one learns to hop between universes? Again, if the story's good, why should it matter?

The Pet Avengers, though... I don't really have any excuse for that. I will say though that my kids LOVE it (really love it) when Tiny Titans issues have Pet Club stories. But - First rule about Pet Club is we don't talk about Pet Club, so I can't say anything else about that. But I can & will say it's been a lot of fun reading some of the kid books with them, and DC's done a much better job of crafting appropriate books for the under-8 set than Marvel has.