Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectActually this is a great topic. I'd do theme nights
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=503766&mesg_id=503881
503881, Actually this is a great topic. I'd do theme nights
Posted by buckshot defunct, Tue Feb-16-10 04:08 PM
Because I'm too scatter brained to commit to any one thing, so I'd just toss in a bunch of stuff that interested me. Note that I'm far from an expert in any of these areas. But this is the kind of thing I'd want to do:

Monday: Reel World Night. Documentaries. Historical, political, nature, slice of life, whatever. Interesting and well made stuff.

Tuesday: Concert (or otherwise music related) Film Night, w/ Live Music Reception afterwards in the lobby (money is no object right?)

Wednesday: Comic book movies, natch

Thursday: Animation Night... Maybe some obscure old shorts to open with followed by a longer feature presentation. Be it Disney, foreign, or just a bunch of Merrie Melodies shown back to back or whatever. But I'd probably stick with the traditional 2D stuff most weeks. Afterwards join us in the lobby where special guest speaker Nukkapedia will be giving a talk on 'Why The Transformers Cartoon Sucked and So Do You'

Friday: Drive-In Night. Old sci fi B-movies and creature features. Some MST3K fare with a bonafide classic tossed in every now and again. Cheeseburgers and milkshakes available in the lobby

Saturday: All You See is Crime in the Cinema Night. Gangster flicks, noir, french new wave whatever. Just so long as it's some crimes going down. Actual muggings and stabbings taking place in lobby all evening long.

Sunday: Romances, because this is turning into wayyyyy too big a sausage fest

Addendum: Inevitably I would lose interest in at least one of those nights, thereby making room on the schedule for a comedy themed evening.