Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectSo like... fuck this post (lol), but I do want to comment on the idea...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=489006&mesg_id=489430
489430, So like... fuck this post (lol), but I do want to comment on the idea...
Posted by CaptNish, Wed Dec-02-09 02:58 AM
...of "without Harrison, this bitch ain't shit."

The reasons the prequels are perceived as awful as they are is that they take themselves way too seriously, and the that's reflected in the fact that it lacks a cynical Han Solo type character. Like, I like those flicks, flaws and all.... but with out that character, the shit is way too sanctimonious. So, I don't think you're wrong in saying that without him, they'd be garbage... but that's like saying "If we would've scored more points than the other team, we would've won." He was in that bitch. And yes, he's the best part of that bitch. But you can't say "well, if it weren't for two parts hydrogen, you wouldn't know what the fuck a water is." No shit!

Stripped down you're like "If it wasn't for the enjoyable part of the movie, I wouldn't enjoy it."