Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectA Christmas Carol (Zemeckis, 2009)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=484354&mesg_id=484354
484354, A Christmas Carol (Zemeckis, 2009)
Posted by bwood, Sun Nov-01-09 09:38 AM
First and foremost I'd like to say that the 3-D and animation is getting better in Robert Zemeckis' films. Does it look life like? No. only in the close-ups. With that said Mr. Zemeckis said that the reason he wanted to tell "A Christmas Carol" through the mo-cap medium as it allowed to fully put on-screen what Charles Dickens had in mind.(Zemeckis adpated the book for the screenplay in addition to producing and directing) With all of that said I'm sick of see A Christmas Carol. It's been done 80 times before and the only thing I liked about it was how they did the 3 ghosts including a pretty awesome chase scene involving The Ghost of Christmas Future. To be honest I dozed off a couple of times but hey at least Zemeckis said that *if* Roger Rabbit 2 gets into production it'd be live action with 2-D animation again.

The producers and Zemeckis are really excited about this new technology and have 8 films in the pipline including a remake of Yellow Submarine (too which my small audience ooohed and ahhhed at. Can you imagine what a Blue Meanie would look like in photo realistic technology? Yeah I know...) using this technology, so until Roger Rabbit 2 pops up don't expect this guy to make a live action movie for a looooooong time.