Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectI'll copy and paste my review from the lesson;
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=483599&mesg_id=483921
483921, I'll copy and paste my review from the lesson;
Posted by Joe Andrews, Thu Oct-29-09 12:30 PM
Vocally-- he was better than ever. I am not joking about this.
and i am not exagerating. Who sings like that?

and aside from the dance numbers, it was all live singing, too.
just wow.

Dancing-- still there-- especially for the popping and gliding--but I could tell something was wrong. . .

If you look at rehersal clips from other tours,
his "poses" were always rock solid.
What i mean by his poses is the type of stuff MJ does when he goes to the shilouette.
any time MJ used to make a pose, I would get these goosebumbs.
Those "poses" or. . .his "line" is why i can always tell MJ from an MJ impersonator right off.
In some of these poses though, I could just tell he was different. still dope, but he just didn't feel the same.

Did he look like somebody about to die? Nope.
and he still pop locks and glides better than anybody period.
something just wasn't there, though.
I think the trial and the spotlight and just everything took a toll on his spirit, and something that used to be there had been damaged.

I also think it goes without saying that he probably would not have been as fast as he was during the Bad Tour, but then again the nigga is 50 so who would expect that.

MJ the person-- The coolest part of the movie. He's funny. He's sarcastic. And he Does NOT play, when it comes to his music. He knows how he wants it to sound. He knows how he wants it to look-- from the lighting to the camera angles on the vignettes to the costsumes. . . he's sharp as he ever was. If he was a junkie, he was a functioning junkie. As a functional alcoholic myself, I'm not mad at all.

The final review-- If you love MJ, you will love the movie.
If you want to find something to unfairly attack about MJ, you will find it here.

So what's the answer to the million dollar question--
Would this tour would have been the Comeback he wanted?

No.

And its not because it wouldn't have been a spectacular show.
From what i saw it would have been better than the history tour or the dangerour tour.

But it never would have gotten accepted by the mainstream media in the states. Before MJ died the fashionable thing to do would be to find a reason to hate on everything he does.

It is so sad, but it took him fucking dying to get people to view him as an ARTIST again. And for that reason, and that reason alone,
as great as this tour would have been,
it wouldn't have been enough.

It took his death to have the type of comeback that he desserved.
I view this as being a faliure of our fucked up society
more than being a lapse in MJ's talent.

Fans should see it.
Haters should shut the fuck up and let the King rest in peace.