Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectmy little rundown
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=483599&mesg_id=483707
483707, my little rundown
Posted by jaywonder, Wed Oct-28-09 12:35 PM
1、Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'This one was a bit sketchy at the beginning but was really good as he warmed up. ALL LIVE

2、Speechless very short, Michael just singing the intro....beautiful

3、Jam The original routine from 1992 when some new moves and a new arrangment. Michael sang over the track

4、Bad/Drill/They Don't Care About Us One of my favorite parts. Michael and Travis Payne going over the routine with the dancers and showing various clips of them rehearsing it. Lipsynched

5、Human Nature This one is cool. Michael was coming up with things as he goes along, directing the band where he wants a certain pop or effect. The falsetto was back! ALL LIVE

6、Smooth Criminal One of the highlights of the show. The Dome Project featured Michael in classic films such as Dead Reckoning, Gilda, In a Lonely Place, Angels With Dirty Faces, and The Big Sleep. He sang completely live during the performance

7、The Way You Make Me Feel This scene begins with Michael, musical director, and co-choreographer Travis Payne working on the arrangement of The Way You Make Me Feel. This one has to be seen to be believed. He knew how he wanted to sound, the exact pitch and timing. I believe it was a new pre-recording, but certain parts make me believe it was COMPLETELY LIVE

8、Jackson 5 Medley LIVE, LIVE, LIVE! Michael sang, stopped everyone because there was something wrong with the song, slightly admonished them and quickly said "But I come in love. L-O-V-E" I'll Be There was beautiful and a tearjerker

9、Dance and Shout This and other parts of this movie gave me a clue. This was Michael's way of giving these dancers and the musicians THEIR TIME TO SHINE. The music was Don't Stop Til You Get Enough and Shake Your Body with each dancer showing their own style with Michael joining in at the end with everyone doing the classic "Jacksons Point" dance step

10、I Just Can't Stop Loving You DAMN....enough said

11、Thriller I honestly feel if this had been in 3D, I would've pissed my pants This one was taking Thriller, Ghosts, and Threatened and blending them together. He knew the original routine....and did it a big ass jacket and Ed Hardy sweat pants!

12、Beat It great performance. All LIVE. The expanded routine that we saw on the 30th Anniversary Celebration

13、Black or White Like I said about the Dance and Shout segment, Michael was giving people their time to shine. He had Orianthi in front and made it HER performance. He kept telling her "We're all here for you, this is your time to shine" LIVE

14、Earth Song Think of the 1996 HIStory Tour routine, but 10x times bigger then add the video clip....DAMN!. I'm not sure this was completely live. I think they used the What About Us demo vocal track with Michael singing over it

15、Billie Jean Michael wasn't giving 100% with this one and danced to the vocal track from the studio demo or another mix until it was time for the adlibs. Michael still had the moves!

16、Man in the Mirror Lipsynched but at the same time, they were walking through it and coming up what to do for it

17、This Is It (credits)/Heal The World dome project Beautiful ending with the song playing and the new Heal The World clip. Nicely done. It ended with the intro of Moonwalker (Michael's feet walking and then going on the toes....WE ALL KNOW THE INTRO, RIGHT?! )

Goodbye dear friend......

The world didn't appreciate you.....

The world took you for granted....

I'll never forget you

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v72/thruster/n18.jpg

Get the book:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwXbSIdPHUg