Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectRE: IRON MAN 2 will be dope
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=456391&mesg_id=464770
464770, RE: IRON MAN 2 will be dope
Posted by kevlar skully, Mon Jul-27-09 12:32 AM

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=22246

The 5-minute long clip starts off with Tony Stark in the Iron Man armor, sans helmet, eating a donut. The camera pans back and reveals that he’s sitting in the “Randy’s Donuts” sign. Samuel L. Jackson then walks into the scene as Nick Fury, shouting at Tony Stark to come down from the donut.

The two then have donuts and coffee together. Fury asks Stark to join a superhero group, Stark insists that he is a loner.

The scene then switches to CNN coverage of a trial. Gary Shandling portrays Senator Stern, and is grilling Stark about owning a high-tech weapon. Shandling demands Stark turn the Iron Man armor over to the U.S. government. Stark insists he won’t, then utters his famous, “I am Iron Man.” He says that turning the armor in would be akin to prostitution.

Don Cheadle makes his first appearance as James Rhodes in this scene. Stark and Rhodes have a cool exchange, and then Rhodes sits down at the trial. Tony Stark tells Senator Stern that he’s “welcome” for protecting the U.S. He then turns to the reporters and shouts, “I’ve successfully privatized world peace!”

Senator Stern, not happy with Stark’s antics, drops two “fuck you!”s on Stark, both bleeped out.

Following that scene, we see Mickey Rourke working on the Whiplash armor. Scarlett Johannson as Black Widow is then shown. Several quick action shots are shown, including Iron Man getting shot out of the sky, Stark and Natasha Romanov dancing and Whiplash at a race track. The clip ends with Sam Rockwell, playing the role of Justin Hammer, showing a bevy of advanced weapons to James Rhodes. “Give me something here, you’re like the sphinx,” Hammer says, “I can’t read you.” “I’ll take it,” Rhodes says. “Which one?” Hammer asks. “All of them,” Rhodes replies.

The clip ends with an action shot of War Machine, shooting three different guns in three different directions.

“I can’t believe your rig is better than my rig,” Downey Jr. said to Cheadle after the lights came back up. “It was a contractual thing,” Cheadle joked back.

Favreau thanked the Comic-Con crowd, and told them that they made the trailer specifically for that crowd.

“It all started here,” Favreau said. “Nobody cared (about Iron Man) before you guys did, and now we have a hit movie… and we want another one! From the standpoint of marketing, everyone knows (about Iron Man). But we wanted to do something for you guys, to say ‘thank you.’”

I don't see what all the hate/skepticism is about, looks like IM 2 could be better than the first one and I don't see why it won't be,