Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectman...I reall am surprised at the lukewarm response to PA
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=455706&mesg_id=458911
458911, man...I reall am surprised at the lukewarm response to PA
Posted by Big Chief Rumbletummy, Wed Jun-24-09 02:38 PM

To me that was the funniest film in quite a while. As I said previously, I think School of Rock is the funniest film of the 200Oughts but I think Pineapple Express is 2nd.

I thought Seth Rogen was just fine in it, I think McBride was insanely funny, and I thought the pairing of Corrigan and Robinson was brilliant and I wished there would have been more of them. I thought the subplots of "the Chinese" and Dale's highschool-age girlfriend were great and I though Bill Heder stole the show at the beginning.

I think Gordon Green was just fine. I'm unfamiliar with anything else he may have done so I don't know if this is his A-Game or not.

Oddly enough...even though I think he was rock solid and won't detract from his performance in any way...I think Franco was not as great as most have given him credit for. My one complaint would be that Gary Cole could have been given much funnier stuff to do. It should be a criminal act fro a screenwriter or a director any time he's misused in a film. James Remar could have been gievn more as well.

©
I'm mainly known for my rough raps
but kids steal my lyrics like hubcaps
and eat em like stacks of flapjacks like rugrats
HEY
and I gets bizzy over unknown tracks
while the next man flaps his lids like Parkay