Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectWho's back tracking?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=455183&mesg_id=455533
455533, Who's back tracking?
Posted by Lardlad95, Fri Jun-05-09 01:56 PM
>
>
>Nigga, its too late for that.
>
>
>You already responded. You should have thought twice
>before your FIRST post. You can't all of a sudden
>have a revelation now that its clear that you're wrong.
>
>Doesn't work that way.

I don't think I'm wrong. You're wrong, I just don't see the point in us continuing to insult one another.

>Lol. If I was insecure, I wouldn't openly admit to liking
>Tyler Perry to an arthouse internet forum. Doing what I
>did demonstrates the exact opposite, actually -- I'll stand
>up for my views against just about anyone, and luckily, you
>make it very, very, very, very, easy, because you all don't
>make very many good points.

If you weren't insecure you wouldn't bitch about a shitty movie getting more props than a film you like. But you do, you bitch and moan because Tyler Perry shot his credibility to hell with his crappy movies and TV shows. And now that he made a film which you think is good people aren't as willing to give him a chance.

>You made a hideous point, with no basis, that was
>factually incorrect and was irrelevant to the topic
>at hand.

No I didn't. You can think I did, that doesn't make it true.

>
>No, it doesn't, because you should not have posted to begin
>with.

No i should have, because you made a bitch ass post crying because Clint Eastwood has more credibility than your hack of a favorite director, and then when critics weren't biting you get pissed.

I'm sorry that Tyler Perry never gave anyone a reason to trust that he could make a good film, but that's his fault. Not anyone else's.

Once again, I take issue with how you're going after TP's detractors and views about his work vs. the work of other directors. Not the movie its self, I've said that over and over again.

>You:
>
>- Made a lame pre-emptive defense of your blackness, when
>I never even hinted at challenging your blackness because
>of yorur opinion
>

Why are you still talking about this?

>- Made an even lamer wild GUESS about the content of
>the film in regards to how it captures the complexity
>of the black experience. The guess was poorly-founded,
>poorly-worded, factually incorrect, and irrelevant.

It wasn't a wild guess. It was an "educated prediction" based on dude's previous piles of shit.

>- Made an even wilder, more wrong suggestion that Tyler
>Perry is trying to get an "exclusive handle on the
>black experience" when his biggest fan wouldn't even
>suggest anything close to that.

Not what I said, but I guess we're back to the reading comprehension thing. You made the claim that somehow TP outdoes the other films when it comes to showcasing race relations. You said that he "actually" portrays how blacks and whites interact. He doesn't show how they actually interact. He shows particular types of race issues and certain types of race relations. Just like Spike does. Just like Crash did. Just like countless other films good, bad, problematic, or otherwise do. None of them get it all, and Tyler Perry is no closer to a grand unified theory on race than any other director.

The idea that somehow one director who you admitted works on a very specific subset of black life could showcase how race relations "actually" works is ridiculous.

But once again, maybe this film changes all of that. We'll see. I'll be very impressed if one movie can capture "the way black and white people actually interact." Condensing the totality of American black/white interactions into a two hour film seems like a tall order. But your ringing endorsement makes me hopeful.

>Your credibility is gone. You can continue to post
>and put up pins, and I'll gladly continue to knock
>them down, but you're quite the herb and sissy for
>wanting to backtrack and cop out now.

I wasn't backtracking I was giving us a chance to discuss the film instead of arguing about what we've been arguing about. You don't want to do that fine.

I'm more than happy to continue pointing out why your sad defense of a hack is steeped in insecurity.

>You made the bad points. You can apologize for them
>or formally retract them(or both).

Not apologizing or retracting a damn thing.

>But don't be running away now.

I'm not running away. Fuck my post pretty much just said let's agree to disagree on the things we've been discussing.

Don't act like I'm trying to back peddle now because if I was I wouldn't have reiterated the fact that I think you're a bitter douche bag.

But on the off chance that didn't sink in. Here it is again.

You're a bitter douchebag. Tyler Perry hasn't made a good movie that I've seen (we'll see if he did once I watch The Family That Preys). And as such I find it sad that you need to malign and tear down other directors and films just to build up your favorite hack.

That shit is sad. You're insecure. And maybe one day Tyler Perry will win the Palme d'Or so you can stop feeling so insecure because critics don't like Madea.

"Jack of all trades, master of none, though ofttimes better than master of one"-Anonymous

The sharpest sword is a word spoken in wrath;the deadliest poison is covetousness;the fiercest fire is hatred; the darkest night is ignorance.-The Buddha