Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectSaw the extended scenes at a TRUE Imax theater in 3D
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=443224&mesg_id=471006
471006, Saw the extended scenes at a TRUE Imax theater in 3D
Posted by m, Sat Aug-22-09 04:07 AM
I watched the trailer yesterday (the day before Avatar Day) and thought it was hot garbage. This was on my 24" HDTV computer monitor, in 1080p from Apple. It looked to me like Cameron had gone George Lucas on us and created a bunch of Jar Jar Binks for us to be pissed at for getting our hopes up over.

But I still made time today to go to two screenings at the only TRUE Imax theater in Seattle.

About 3 minutes into the first screening, I realized I had a WTF look on my face with a big smile.

At the 2nd screening, (45 minutes later) some dude yelled out "Holy Shit!" after the second sequence. The crowd erupted, because that's pretty much what everyone was thinking.

After the final sequence (at the 2nd screening) same dude did it again, and the crowd erupted with him (in laughter and applause) again.

Keep in mind, Cameron said those scenes were only in the FIRST half of the film. Can't wait. Only 4 months to go. Avatar has been at the top of my list of movies to see for a long time now.