Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectIt's hard to say at this point.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=436849&mesg_id=440830
440830, It's hard to say at this point.
Posted by jadedeejay, Fri Mar-13-09 05:01 PM
>I still think Kramer wont be gone, but hes definitely going
>to take a hit. also, really don't think there's a ton of
>overlap between people that watch Stewart and Kramer so not
>too many devoted Kramer watchers are going to just stop tuning
>in.

I read somewhere that Mad Money's Nielsen ratings are actually DOWN since this whole exchange started. Meanwhile Daily Show's ratings, along with activity on Comedy Central's website, have skyrocketed.

Stewart's singlehandedly ending careers, shun! He's like the 50 Cent of fake news hosts. LOL

The sad thing is, I think Cramer is really just the patsy in this that got caught in the line of fire. However satisfying it may have been to watch, I can't help but think that all that ether that Stewart was spittin' at Cramer was really just pent up frustration and bitterness that was intended for that Santelli dude and the CNBC establishment in general.

Cramer just happened to be the one CNBC rep that was ballsy (STUPID) enough to actually go on the Daily Show and take his beating like a man.

In the aftermath, whether Mad Money gets canceled or not, at the very least Jon Stewart has successfully called into question CNBC's entire credibility as a network. It'll be interesting to see how or if they change their format in any way as a result of this smackdown.

<--- Progress.

www.myspace.com/djjedi1