Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectThe highlight for me was hearing Lujon & a Paltrow 1/2 rack
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=435007&mesg_id=436293
436293, The highlight for me was hearing Lujon & a Paltrow 1/2 rack
Posted by jigga, Tue Feb-24-09 03:52 PM
Other than that I wasn't too impressed. Gray's films are always very moody and this is no exception but it just felt pretty weird.

I couldn't ever get a feel for the characters ages or what era it was taking place in. It didn't look like Paltrow & Phoenix would be able to see each other from the windows of their apartments the way the earlier scene was shot from the inside of the unit. I see John Ortiz listed in the credits but I dont recall ever seeing him in it.

I could certainly relate to a couple scenes in the movie where he's torn between the two ladies. There were a few nice shots here & there. But overall I think Gray's better off sticking to the crime genre. I don't remember a lot about Little Odessa but I liked The Yards & We Own the Night much more than this latest effort. I also really hope this isn't JP's last flick either. Pretty good performance & I'd rather see more from him on a big screen than falling off a small stage or chewing gum on TV.

This is only the second time that I can recall hearing Lujon. Sexy Beast was the first time. It was used very well in both flicks & I hope to hear it again sometime soon. If anyone knows any other movies it was played in please let me know. Thanks.