Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectBest.Post.Ever.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=432724&mesg_id=433082
433082, Best.Post.Ever.
Posted by JRennolds, Mon Feb-09-09 02:31 PM
I am a self-styled chef and I am absolutely enamored with food and it's many applications, as well as its chemical breakdowns due to specific cooking processes. I watched FOOD NETWORK religiously (we do not have a television....poverty sucks!), I am always sampling the craziest dishes at the most off-the-wall restaurants and I make the best food I can on the tightest budget. Food critics are my spiritual advisers!

Cooking is a science.

Also, my father is a partner in a restaurant group in Denver. They own the best high-end establishments in the west. I am very, very, very lucky.

I have heard so much about French Laundry and am way too intimidated to even approach it. This post is very welcome.

My current craze? Curry Cooking. I forget the title and the author but this cookbook offers up recipes from all corners of the globe. The recipes are simple, the food exquisite and the prep work is minimal. But yeah, curries.....MMMM!