Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectNO NO NO NOTORIOUS brief review (spoiler)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=426813&mesg_id=426813
426813, NO NO NO NOTORIOUS brief review (spoiler)
Posted by PIMPINCHICAGO, Tue Jan-13-09 04:50 PM
my review in mental fragments

First of all the spoiler HE DIES AT THE END

Did Sean Combs write the script???

The movie was entertaining I'll say that. I think more of the reaction of the crowd was in relation to the casting and bad acting and jamaican accents than the actual plot, though the movie had plenty of funny moments.

Antonique Smith as Faith Evans was great. Much like I see Denzel's face when i initially think of Malcolm X. Antonique Smith did the same for me.

I am probably gonna side with KIM on how they portrayed her in this joint cause you saw her briefly when he was young, then in a NC17 sex scene, then in the bedroom again topless, then in a studio getting punked out by Chrissypoo, then on stage at the end....no Charile Baltimore at all.

Lil Cease, man, if they made a movie about my cousin and they cast the older son on THE PARENTHOOD to play ME!!!!, someone getting KTFO, so it was hard to take dude seriously just knowing what the real Cease-a-leo looks like. Considering Naturi played a DECENT lil Kim and biggie and faith's characters were played well.

Same with PAC

The whole theme towards the end after the PAC shooting beef, kinda focused on the whole WHO SHOT YA joint and the drama behind it. I was waiting for them to put some type of focus on the making of Life After Death in the studio and all they focused on was Sky's the Limit (as if BIG had turned into a gospel rapper all of a sudden) and going back to CALI cause of the PAC BEEF. I was thinking "Didn't you make Nobody till Somebody Kills You, Long Kiss Goodnight, What's Beef during this time period.". The 10 crack commandments song didn't make sense with how the movie seemed to focus on a changed man and soon to be martyr.

Chris Wallace Jr. was really good.

Ayush Mahesh Khedekar > Christopher Wallace Jr. > Jaden Smith

It was TOO watered down and too Puff friendly for me but...

"I signed a deal for 42 million BIG and you can get 5 million..."