Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectEnter the Void/Avatar/Thirst/Where the Wild Things Are...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=423763&mesg_id=424501
424501, Enter the Void/Avatar/Thirst/Where the Wild Things Are...
Posted by Stringer Bell, Thu Jan-01-09 12:56 AM
...and Fincher's "Black Hole" if that comes out before 2010. Stephen King's "The Long Walk" won't come out this year I don't think so that is most anticipated for 2010 and beyond, and probably my most anticipated film of all. Darabont directing (he of many past King adaptations: Shawshank, Green Mile, the Mist) and Darabont says it's his favorite Stephen King story, as it is mine by a wide margin.

Anyway as for '09:

Enter the Void - Gaspar Noe's ("Irreversible", "I Stand Alone") new flick, shooting currently in Tokyo and the US, based on the Tibetan Book of the Dead. Looks like it will be less of an all-out shockfest than his previous films, probably still with moments that will dumbfound you though

Avatar - James Cameron's first movie since 1997's "Titanic". In development for like 15 years, Cameron had to wait for technology to catch up to his vision. I would bet a lot of money this movie will pwn and blow everybody away the same way T2 did in '92.

Thirst - Park Chan-Wook's (Oldboy, Lady Vengeance, etc.) vampire flick. Nuff said.

Where the Wild Things Are - Everybody knows about this

Black Hole - Fincher supposedly tackling this graphic novel next, about a strange virus among young people, set in the 70's and VERY dark.

Great year for movies imo.