Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectRE: ANIME: The 2008 End of the Year Wrap-Up
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=420468&mesg_id=424871
424871, RE: ANIME: The 2008 End of the Year Wrap-Up
Posted by Caz_Nova, Sat Jan-03-09 03:32 PM
I started watching some of these before but never had a chance to finish them, but here goes...

Gunslinger Girl - Is really good. It's not too dark, or too serious even though there's little to no humor in it, there are occasions, where it can seem a little less like cyborg killing machines shped like little girls, overall a B.

Samurai Marionette J - This show alwas makes me laugh. Lime, Cherry, and Bloodberry make for a really good dynamic with each other. This one is probably a B+

Samurai Gun - If you like Trigun, Bebop, or Kenshin, you should check his out, it's got it's flaws, but it's really good. I absolutely think this is one of the best Anime I've seen in years. An A definitely

Sakura Wars TV - If you like Shoujo stuff, this is a good show. If you like Steam-Punk stuff this is an even better show. Crazy Steam Powered Mechas running around the "capitol" destroying Wakiji, which look like mecha, but are really the physical incarnation of spiritual energy being used for evil...I mean it's just so straightforward and kinda cliched that it really is a good show. An A-

Gilgamesh - This show was weird, I don't think anysynopsis I could give would be fitting. I enjoyed it, but at the end I was a little less than satisfied. It's got NGE sorts of intrigue, but again it's really hard to follow in the later episodes. Overall a C, if you get a chance to see it you should, but don't go looking for it.

Desert Punk - Last but certainly not least. Desert Punk is just straight up lecherous humor. I mean the Punk has Style and skill, but this show is all about the stupid jokes, and the skirt-chasing.
It's awesomely hilarious. An A+.

Now That's What's Up

What am I, if I can't be yours...

S.Y.L.S.B.