Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectGurren Lagann was the CLEAR standout
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=420468&mesg_id=420910
420910, Gurren Lagann was the CLEAR standout
Posted by hardware, Mon Dec-15-08 08:44 PM
even though it was pure giant robot otaku stuff, the way it was presented was stupid awesome. i really gotta get it on DVD. it was the best i've seen this year.

Hell Girl was great. really creepy stuff that kept getting interesting every episode.

Michiko and Hatchin is turning out good too. it's the first anime since Ayakashi: Samurai Horror Tales that i actually scramble for the subs as they come out. It's very refreshing to see a live action director take on this kind of project.

>lol. Seriously though, did you have a favorite out of this
>list? Or a hated?
never watch Tenjo Tenge. ever

>I see you watched Gantz. Man I hated that show :-(.
>
Gantz was wierd as fuck. it was alright, just really really graphic. not at all what i thought it was.

>Gun x Sword was surprisingly good.
>I wanted to quit after the first couple episodes, but I have a
>"no unfinished series" rule. Show surprised me.

yeah, i saw Gun x Sword last year subbed but i wanted to watch the dubs to refresh. it was really deep for what it was and was actually 100% the kind of anime i like. not the createst, but it met all my requirements about taking conventional anime archetypes and adding some threatening ideals and serious character drama rather than just fighting to be fighting.