Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectI finally saw 2001: A Space...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=402995&mesg_id=402995
402995, I finally saw 2001: A Space...
Posted by BarTek, Sun Sep-21-08 08:29 PM
I have to be honest and say that I am really disappointed in this film. The sound effects are almost unbearable.. I enjoyed the classical music but everything else was terrible. I found myself getting aggravated as the movie went on... Also, the random/abstract pieces of film are extremely annoying... Why so much effort into making the movie seem disjointed and "complex"? Overall, this movie looked like it was trying way too hard to be something profound/interesting and in the end it just ended up being, well... underwhelming. I expected a lot more interesting dialogue, instead of these drawn out and never ending boring scenes, overlay with sound effects that sound as if they were taken right from the first ever Gameboy. I will never watch this movie again, nor will I recommend it to anyone. I really think it's highly overrated. Can someone people explain this movie to me so that maybe I can forgive myself for watching it?

@}-,-`-

Love is Dead