Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectRE: OK, and what if someone came out with an move based in 1986
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=402320&mesg_id=402479
402479, RE: OK, and what if someone came out with an move based in 1986
Posted by SoulHonky, Fri Sep-19-08 02:56 AM
>my point is if a movie set in 1986 had come out when i was in
>high school, i can guarantee it would have approached that
>setting from a perspective that i could relate to, which would
>ultimately have a huge impact on how it told the story of
>"1986."

Yeah, you would have related to it as a HIGH SCHOOL MOVIE. You wouldn't look at it and say "You know that's the times I'm living in."

And what about the Millenials who were born from 1990 - 2000? Over half of your generation isn't going to know a world without MTV, Microwaves, Internet, AIDS, etc. It would be completely foreign. Why would they see a movie from 1986 and be "Yeah, that defines me and my generation."

>i know a lot of kids in their teens and their teachers in the
>2000s who idenitified with remember the titans, and it is very
>much a movie of this era, not a movie of the 1960s.

IT'S A MOVIE OF EVERY ERA! You are honestly making no sense. What is your point? How is Remember the Titans at all on point when you even write that TEACHERS AND STUDENTS relate to it? How can it be of a certain generation when it's from the 60's and has a message that spans all generations? How is that a Millenial Movie?

Just because you can relate to a movie doesn't make it the definitive movie of that generation.

Honestly, since you completely ignore the concept of a movie defining a time period, this whole thing is moot.