Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectonly way to do it is to go the superman vs doomsday route
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=396498&mesg_id=396603
396603, only way to do it is to go the superman vs doomsday route
Posted by all stah, Fri Aug-22-08 05:43 PM
have superman killed and then come back to life in the following movie.....

I just hope they dont start making shit up, which is like crazy in itself, because its a fictional character, so it is already made up.

Superman's character has always been angel-like, in the sense he has always been viewed as a savior in Metropolis, different from Batman being observed as a wild vigilante in Gotham, so to all of sudden add grit to his make-up would not make sense

The average movie-goer that just wants to see an explosive,action packed movie might be enthralled, but your diehard DC/superman fans will be miffed about it, and the franchise will have to be re-built again.

Leave it as it is, but incorporate the Justice League into the movie, then add a kick ass plot, and I'm sure it will be successful.

Bottomline is adults are the audience for these comic book movies. We are not in the 80s anymore, where parents were taking kids to see these movies, and the kids wanted to see superman. Adults are now the kids, and they are not trying to view some happy go lucky super hero crap....That here I come to save the day shit is dead.