Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectThe Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor. NOPE! BLOCK THE HATE!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=391155&mesg_id=391155
391155, The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor. NOPE! BLOCK THE HATE!
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Jul-31-08 10:30 AM
Since Brendan's already made back Journey 3D's production budget, and it's still in the Top 5 at the Box Office, it's clear that the Summer of Fraser is currently on schedule.

Next up? Mummy 3.

Let's ignore the reviews on Rotten Tomatoes, shall we? We saw critics lickin their chops from a mile away, writing their bad mummy-related hate puns back in June. Whether it's good or bad, I won't know til I see it. When reviews say, "The Mummy series has been dead for a long time, but like the mummies it depicts, it won't stay buried" (har har har), and "The movie feels like the direct-to-dvd version of The Mummy, complete with cheesy, already-done CG effects, and best of all, not a single actual mummy in the entire movie" (um, there are mummies IN THE TRAILER, dickwad), I know this'll be a wait-and-see flick.

But what do I know? Jet Li. Dragons. Yetis. An army of the undead. For me, regardless of how good the flick as a whole is, the shit should at bare minimum be fun.

And yes, it'll be a hit. It's the last big-budget action flick of the summer, it can ride into August. It's got a history of success behind it, and the cast has already signed a contract to do more Mummy flicks.

Did I mention dragons and yetis?