Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectWe may have just gotten a new villain for the Dark Knight sequel (Swipe)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=390905&mesg_id=390905
390905, We may have just gotten a new villain for the Dark Knight sequel (Swipe)
Posted by little bredren, Wed Jul-30-08 10:18 AM
No one's sure yet whether it's for a new Catwoman movie or a Dark Knight sequel, but still noteworthy. If it's the latter, I dunno how I feel about Angelina joining Nolan's Bat-Universe. She would look ridiculously good in the outfit, but I've never thought of her as a good actress. Plus catwoman's kinda corny. Still, you never know... I still have faith in Nolan for pulling off something great.

Anyway, here are 2 articles (many more can be found on google):

http://www.news.com.au/business/story/0,27753,24100359-7485,00.html

ANGELINA Jolie is reportedly being lined up to star as Batman's nemesis Catwoman in a new movie. The 33-year-old actress – who gave birth to twins Knox and Vivienne earlier this month – is said to be in final negotiations with studio bosses to play the feline villain who first appeared in the Batman comics.

It is not clear whether she would play the role in the current Batman film series, starring Christian Bale as the caped crusader, or in a spin-off film as Halle Berry did in 2004's Catwoman.

Actress Julie Newmar, who played Catwoman in the Batman TV series from 1966 to 1967, has given her blessing for Jolie to play the part.

"Angelina would own the part," Newmar, now 74, said.

"My industry friends tell me she has already made enquiries about the role. I can understand how it would pique her interest. Catwoman is Batman's one true love.

"She is tremendously popular with women because she's both a heroine and a villainess."

Other actresses to take on the role of Catwoman include Michelle Pfeiffer in 1992 movie Batman Returns, and Eartha Kitt who took over from Newmar in the TV series.

Jolie was recently tipped to be starring in The Thomas Crown Affair 2 alongside Pierce Brosnan and has reportedly been ordered by studio bosses to put on weight for the role.

http://www.myparkmag.co.uk/articles/celebrity/heath-ledgers-joker-inspires-angelina-to-be-catwoman.html

Heath Ledger's Joker inspires Angelina to be Catwoman
Tuesday, 29 July 2008

With Heath Ledger hot favourite for an Oscar this year it looks like Angelina Jolie could be following in his footsteps. She is reportedly keen to star in the next Batman film.

The Dark Knight's success will surely attract the Tomb Raider star as will the audiences response to Ledger's performance. Heath's Joker proved that it is not only Batman who is the star of the films - if she became Catwoman she could be up for an Oscar too.

Heath Ledger's Joker has also just been named as the ninth best movie villain in a poll of two and a half thousand film lovers. Anthony Hopkins' Academy Award-winning acting in the role of Hannibal Lecter in Silence of The Lambs led to him being named the best baddie in the lovefilm.com survey.

Darth Vader came second, with Joe Pesci's Tommy Devito from gangster flick Goodfellas in third.

Reports suggest that Angelina is in final negotiations with studio bosses to play the feline villain who first appeared in the Batman comics.

If she does become Catwoman she will be hoping to be more successful than Halle Berry - she received a Razzie for 'Worst Actress' after her film flopped. Other actresses who have played the part include Michelle Pfeiffer and Julie Newmar.