Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectWhat did I miss with the ending? (spoilers)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=382835&mesg_id=400730
400730, What did I miss with the ending? (spoilers)
Posted by stylez dainty, Wed Sep-10-08 04:35 PM
SPOILERS

So Don Cheadle's character put all of the terrorists on the same bus and they blew each other up, along with a some civilians. And he was hailed as a hero by Guy Pearce's character? Cheadle's character had to know civilians would die, which we know he was vehemently against, so why did he go through with it? He could have alerted the authorities, given them bombs that didn't work, sent them emails telling the bombers the plan was off or giving them bus routes that didn't exist or something. Didn't make sense to me that he'd facilitate the death of civilians, even if it was fewer than the extremists planned. Was Cheadle willing to let those civilians die if it meant he had the chance to see the main guy one last time and kill him? But as demonstrated, he was able to see him before the main guy knew if the plot was successful or not, so that wasn't an issue. What was Jeff Daniel's original plan? Was he going to let the terrorists blow up the bus?

Anyway, I liked it mostly. I really liked the idea of religous people being exploited by people with political agendas. But unless I missed something, it fell apart at the end.