Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectIncredibles for me
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=381863&mesg_id=381895
381895, Incredibles for me
Posted by buckshot defunct, Thu Jun-26-08 01:45 PM
It's fun, it's funny, and infinitely re-watchable. Just about perfect in every imaginable way. Agree with the above comments about the fat trimming. There isn't an ounce of flab in the story. Which is good when you're dealing with that much spandex.

Finding Nemo might be runner-up, I dunno. If it weren't for my affinity for tights I could almost see this being #1. It's funny, it's heartfelt, it's gorgeous. I mean... Pixar took it under water...the visuals alone, sweet lord.

And I actually don't have much of a beef with lumping the 2 Toy Story's together. They're about on equal levels of greatness for me personally.

That makes up the varsity squad of Pixar films for me. I don't know what major character flaw has kept me from seeing Ratatoullie. I should probably have my assed kick for that.

As for the B-Team:

A Bug's Life gets unfairly hated upon!! The plot is tried and true, some might say cliche, but its the characters and humor that drive the film. Good stuff.

Monsters Inc I only saw once and fell asleep on more than one occasion. I do not suffer from narcolepsy so far as I know so this leads me to conclude that I didn't like it too much. Love the concept of it though so maybe it deserves a second look sometime.

Cars... fucking Cars man. Worst Pixar film ever. Fantastic visuals of course, and it's saying something that I didn't completely hate Larry the Cable Guy's character. But yeah, this lacks that special spark that all the other ones have.