Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectI really wanted to like There Will Be Blood
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=372962&mesg_id=373037
373037, I really wanted to like There Will Be Blood
Posted by BigWorm, Wed May-21-08 09:29 AM
-Daniel Day Lewis was great, but he seemed like he was acting for a totally different movie. His accent is out of place with the environment, nobody else even comes close to it, and his over-the-top performance sticks out lick a sore thumb.

-Paul Dano as the preacher stuck out too. It was almost but not quick at Lewis' level over going overboard, but...I don't know, it seemed like the movie wasn't even trying to depict a real time, but create some alternate universe where shit like dialect and culture all overlapped haphazardly.

-The soundtrack would've been great if I was watching a zombie movie. If it had been Lucio Fulci's There Will Be Blood than everything would've been cool.

-What the fuck was with that milk shake garbage? He could have said almost anything else and the scene would have worked. Man he could've repeated word for word Ezekiel 25:17 and completely copied Sam Jackson from Pulp Fiction and it still would've made for a better ending than that milk shake line. It was so out of place and out of character, you can just tell it was some shit that P.T. Anderson read somewhere and just had to use.

Sorry, I know many people around here liked it, and that's great. I really wanted to. It's just, I thought this movie failed at all the things I thought No Country for Old Men succeeded at.