Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectI liked it a lot. If you like the series, you should DEFINITELY see it.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=370154&mesg_id=370344
370344, I liked it a lot. If you like the series, you should DEFINITELY see it.
Posted by Frank Longo, Fri May-09-08 02:09 PM
I mean, it's a kid's movie, first and foremost. I think that's what critics aren't liking about it. From the color scheme to the concept of the action to the dialogue, it's a film for kids and for adults who want to feel like kids.

But I thought it was great. If you liked the original series, you should LOVE this flick. The casting of every single role is absolutely flawless. I especially liked Matthew Fox (who shows signs that maybe he can springboard out of Lost into a successful movie career) and John Goodman.

And I really liked the color palate too. It's a very different big-budget action flick, really ballsy in a way. There was a very safe way to make a Speed Racer film, and instead we get what is clearly a labor of love by the Wachowskis. It has more heart in it than in every other Wachowski movie combined, really.

I hope it doesn't flop, that it gives directors to take chances and make bold decisions on these types of summer flicks.