Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectWait... did you just quote YOURSELF out of context?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=369999&mesg_id=370427
370427, Wait... did you just quote YOURSELF out of context?
Posted by buckshot defunct, Fri May-09-08 09:38 PM
I didn't even think that was possible.

Anyway, no snark was intended. In fact, when it comes to grading the overall movies, I am of the opinion that the Chris Reeves Superman flicks benefit a LOT from the sentimental vote. Those first 2 movies, which a lot of people still hold as the gold standard for superhero flicks, are very much flawed.

But you did say "Reeves is nothing more then a sentimental choice," and you did describe his Portrayl as "a little boring." But I fail to see where you supported the argument.

Reeves took what is possibly the biggest character in modern fiction, and he OWNED that shit. He had the gee whiz grandma's apple pie side, the smooth somewhat mischevious 'I can see yo pannies Lois' swagger, and he just made you believe in Superman. He actually became it.

I mean, the latest portrayl of a superhero on screen, Tony Stark, was amazing. But think about it: Tony Stark is a billionaire drunken playboy. For what A to B list actor would that really be a stretch? RDJ completely killed it, don't get me wrong. But I don't *think* he had to push himself all that far to find himself living in the character.