Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectreeves is nothing more then a sentimental choice.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=369999&mesg_id=370285
370285, reeves is nothing more then a sentimental choice.
Posted by Cold Truth, Fri May-09-08 10:12 AM
I LOVE SUPERMAN.

i love reeves. his clark kent was endearing and quite memorable. his superman was iconic but a little boring. routh did a good job as well, and actually gave a comparable performance as much as purists wanna bitch or gasp at such a notion. reeves is not untouchable by any means. actually i am roundly underwhelmed by the superman portrayal on screen.

i wanna see a stronger, badass supes that wrecks shop on some villains and DOESN'T have to be near death every fucking time out while some human flys to HIS rescue. i dig that element but it's like every movie so far. or the little chambe that reenergized him... meh.... it was cool an shit but dammit can we just see him get pissed and beat the snot out of someone now?

but he ain't seeing RDJ. tobey was awesome until 3 cheesed it up in unforgivable ways. patrick stewart was flawless, even down to the look. bale is superior as well.... and heath ledger will likely, officially rule this landscape as of july 18th.

reeves is a great sentimental choice. he sort of set the bar high. the bar was eventually raised and cleared a few times over though.